All Memorial Attendance Data from 1896 to 2016

by ILoveTTATT2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I have made a spreadsheet of the REPORTED number in attendance to the Memorial since the first report of 13 people appeared in an 1896 Watchtower.

Since it can be very hard to find the numbers for the early years (anything previous to 1938), I will slowly make a note of where I found the data.

Some of the years I had to manually add hundreds of entries, since the WT did not provide the full number.

I am building on the statistics of 1988-2013 that appeared here a while ago.

Soon I will be starting this but for other sets of data: # of publishers, hours, etc...

Here is the link: LINK

• Hecce
    Hecce

Great

Thanks

• 88JM
    88JM

You should be aware I've updated those spreadsheets I did up to the latest 2016 data, and also went further back to 1981:

Yearbook Stats 1981-2016.xls

Yearbook Stats by Field 1981-2016.xls

Feel free to message me if you find any errors.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Thank you very much 88JM!!

Can I help you with earlier years?

• 88JM
    88JM

After doing 35 years worth, the novelty is starting to wear off a bit to be honest. It gets progressively more difficult the further I go back with all the country changes and just the general quality of the scans causing problems with the OCR software which I have to correct manually.

I was planning to take a break from it for a while, so by all means go ahead if you have the time.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It's interesting to see the progress from astronomical growth to a sort of equilibrium being reached.

If my math is correct, memorial attendance increased the following percentages over the past 75 years:

1940-1964: 1,000%

1965-1989: 415%

1990-2015: 99%

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    It's interesting to see the progress from astronomical growth to a sort of equilibrium being reached.
    Agreed. I would say the growth was exponential from 1944-1977, linear from 1977-1992, and now showing signs of flatlining since 1992. Keep in mind these are long term trends and they are clearly visible in a graph, which I will soon post.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Updated the spreadsheet, you can see the updated spreadsheet HERE.

It has the sources of the numbers so they can be independently verified.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

This is my analysis. What do you think?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Another graph...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit