2024-May-3rd-Announcement-and Transcripts!

by Atlantis 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

So they're walking back the tiny bit of freedom they offered the slaves regarding the dress code? It looks suspiciously like they announced the dress code freedom to prove publicly that they don't exercise any control over the flock, but in private the elders are to exercise something like the old policy. Then Bethel can resort to their usual "We can't be held responsible for the actions of a few overly zealous BOEs!" trick.

Of course, if they pull that sleight of hand trick often enough, perhaps governments and courts will start to ask them why they don't abolish the elder arrangement.

The WT probably doesn't care, they've been around a long time and are used to playing a long game*. Their trouble is, the same applies for most governments. The longer the WT keeps playing stupid games, the sooner they'll start winning stupid prizes.

*Despite the constant refrain of the end being imminent.

• Ding
    Ding

If the GB really believes we are in the last seconds of the last day, why are they making any changes at all?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    So they're walking back the tiny bit of freedom they offered the slaves regarding the dress code? - NotFormer

I`m sorry, but I read the transcript and, honestly, I don`t see where they are walking back. Can you offer a bit more precision?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did the WT Biggies not imagine that such a change would open floodgates of problems? JW's are NOT accustomed to thinking for themselves. They are not capable of reasoning on their own because they typically just do what they are told to do.

Evidently™ the GB/Helpers have not seen the YouTube videos of people at Walmart. Did they not realize that a certain population of JWs would be showing up at the Hall or for Field Circus in their "Walmart attire".

No evidence of Holy Spirit helping them see through this one!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Did the WT Biggies not imagine that such a change would open floodgates of problems? JW's are NOT accustomed to thinking for themselves.

Bang on! LOL

• Gorb
    Gorb

This could be forseen with eyes closed.

G.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They use this illustration:-

To illustrate, imagine you were invited to a formal reception with government officials. How would you dress? Would you wear your pyjamas or something you would wear to the beach? Definitely not! We would want to dress in a way that showed respect for the occasion and for those present. How much more so when we worship Jehovah at the meetings”

…..

If that is the case , surely they should wear a collar and tie?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

IOW, they're walking it back. The R&F know how to read between the lines. But they're trying to fool governments into believing their line that they don't tell anybody what to do and that members are free to make their own choices.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

At timestamp 8:00 on the May 2024 #3 Update video or you can reference Atlantis' opening post English Transcript '4.3.1. Study notes: Appropriate' where Kindergarten Teacher GB Winder states the following:

"For example, there are clothes that are appropriate for when we go to the beach or on a picnic. And there are clothes that are appropriate for when we attend a wedding. And there are also clothes that are appropriate for when we go to worship at the Kingdom Hall or in the ministry."

I've been out in public...to the mall, pharmacy, doctors' appointments, grocery store, work , etc since reviewing Winder's above comments on what's appropriate & what's not appropriate dress. It's quite apparent that people in general know how to dress appropriately...I swear...I didn't see anyone wearing pajamas or beach swimwear at any of the places I've been to. I wasn't offended by anyone by what they were wearing! It seems to me that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only ones that need to be reprimanded, educated & reminded continually on how to dress appropriately in public...I swear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit