I was a winner!!

by morty 54 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

I made our local news yesterday morning...To my surprise, I won the Christmas give away, live on T.V.

I was so surprised..They drew my name and I had 10 mins to call in and answer their skill testing question

to win...I was a mess...The question was.....drum roll.................Spike..........................................................

.............................................What is your phone number?????..I could not believe it...After sweating it out and

yelling at hubby to find the calculator, thats what they come with......Anyways, my prize was $2000.00 dollars in

gift certificates from my city... They asked me to go live, on the T.V. this morning but I talked my way out of that one

( its not my bag)....so just when I thought x-mas was going to be tight this year, good old Saint Nick pulled through for

me and my family.....Just wanted to share my happiness...

Morty

• morty
    morty

I dont know how this got under a heated debate????ummmh, maybe one of the mods would change it for me under

" get the horseshoe out of your a$$"...j/k......could you please put it under something else.....No debate here

Thanks, Morty

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Congratulations!!!

What will you be buying us all with your winnings ;)

Jackie

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Congratulations Morty!!!!!

Way to go!!!

ESTEE

• morty
    morty

Jackie,

No problem....if things are tight for you, I have know problem shareing....What ever you need....

Estee....Thanks a million...I never win at anything, so this was a big surprise

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

:::chuckling::: how sweet, but I was just joking. Trust me, after all the money I've spent on the neices and nephew for Christmas it's only my own fault if I end up short ;)

I'm so happy for you, though... and I loved the card, thanks... I mailed mine out yesterday and the post office said they should be delivered (even out of country which I found impressive) in 4-7 days... so look for it to show up.

Buy yourself something nice for Christmas with some of the winnings, too ;)

Jackie

• gumby
    gumby
    Anyways, my prize was $2000.00 dollars in

Hey......how about lending me a little for my nutsack rash I told you about? I need some 'gold bond' bad!

Seriously......congrats on your win! I wish old ST.Nick would send some cash my way.....that old grey bearded biggoted bastard!

Gumby

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

OMG! That is incredible!!

That's two Canucks winning something, well Nosferatu (at least in the top 30 karaoke) singing his best Billy Idol.

So, what are the gift certificates for: city of London merchants, or regional?

If it's London, you're set, because there's tons of shopping to be had there.

This is great! Congratulations!!

Big Hugs,
    Rayzorblade

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Morton, WOOOHOOOOOO, Way to go girl!! That's totally awesome, and I'm happy for you. As the Silence said, make sure to get yourself something nice with some of your winnings...you deserve it

Dana

P.S. Gumby! Don't talk about Santa that way!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Wow Congraulations Morty !!!

Have a great Xmas

BTW: I moved this to friends

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit