Feelings

by Garrett 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Garrett
    Garrett

Hello my dear friends,

With the recent terror attacks on my capital, my emotions have been quite stirred and in turn my mind has been in constant motion.

I wanted to come here and give you a little update on my life. I have officially moved on from the witnesses. I no longer think nor care about them.

I've decided to dedicate my life to helping people. Some of you may remember that I'm working on beoming a heating/cooling installer... Well, that's changed. I'm finishing this training in March and then I'm going to sign up to either become a firefighter or policeman. I have decided to also do volunteer work when done with my training to help the homeless.

I recently have been talking to a girl that I have a lot in common with and I think that I may be falling for her. If it fails, I give up on dating. It's too straining for me emotionally.

People need help and we should all be there for others when they need us. You all were here for me when I needed you and I love you all so much for being kind enough to help me through an extremely difficult time in my life. I was on the verge of suicide and all of you helped me through it.

To all of you who are fighting to be free or are just starting to doubt... keep going! Do not stop questioning, don't stop fighting, never give up! One thing I've learned is that the only way we can advance in life is to push ourselves out of our comfort zone. If something is holding you back in your path to finding truth, you should isolate that, confront it and conquer it.

Love and Peace,

Garrett

• Simon
    Simon

Those are noble ideals and goals and I wish you luck in your endeavors.

We're all thinking of Paris and it's people during these times.

On the recent remembrance day I watched a few documentaries about WWII and the Nazi occupation of France and it's eventual liberation. We know the people of France will once more overcome and stand tall against those who would seek to extinguish freedom and liberty.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Garrett I've been wondering about you, and I'm so glad you are doing well. I'm also glad that you are going to turn these horrible events in Paris to something positive for yourself and your community. I would also say, don't give up on love, whatever happens. Learn a little each time and you will eventually find the right woman for you.
  • stillin
    stillin

What Faye said. Love will keep you grounded. I hope you will keep your heart beating in your chest. Caring about others is big!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good for you for trying to help others, Garrett.

Although lots of people out 'in the world' are nice, not many people dedicate their lives to help others.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Garrett, your strength and courage have touched many here. You deserve a wonderful life with such ideals and goals. Thank you for your story.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Hang in there mate. Good luck with love!👍
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Garrett, keep moving forward and don't look back.

Just as this community helped you, you likewise, have helped those that needed help.

We are fortunate to have your contribution on this board.

I pray for you and the people in Paris. We mourn over the senseless killings perpetrated by this terrorist group.

T.

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    I've been on the verge of suicide this year but throwing myself in to education helped. I've decided not to stress and think that I'm guna be single all my life. I'm going to start going to the gym. Hopefully the right girl will come along at the right time. All the best with everything matey
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Hi, Garrett! I've been wondering how you're doing.

I know you were going through a hard time and I'm glad to hear of your improvement. It sounds like you're getting the basis for a good career under your belt. Good!

And the improvement in your dating life is impressive, too! See, we told you that you were giving up prematurely! Make sure you stop in now and again to let us know how you are doing.

My thoughts are with the French people. I was devastated to hear the news last night and I am keeping Paris in my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit