Why Are There So Many International Words to Poop and Pee?

by RubaDub 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Here, in the US, we go to the "bathroom". Am I taking a bath? No. We either poop or pee.

When we go to Canada, we go to the "washroom". What are we washing? Are we taking a basket of laundry with us? No. We either poop or pee.

In Europe, every sign is W/C (Water Closet). Are we going into that place to drink some water? No way. We either poop or pee.

Odd as it may sound, why can't we just say what it is?

Rub a Dub

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I guess it's just general politeness and manners, RubaDub.

Saying "I'm just going to spend a penny" is much nicer than saying "I've got turtle-neck - I'm just going to take a hot, steaming dump".

And "I just need to powder my nose" is so much nicer than "I've just hit the pad with my Devil's Waterfall - it's worse than the school prom scene from Carrie (1976) down here!"

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Lavatory.

Its not likeeveryone does it

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Young children are taught the word "wee" instead of "pee".

Why not get them to use the word "big" instead of "poo?"

It's easier for them to say they need a wee or a big!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

In the end we can all blame the tower of Babel. Shit happens...

• Incognito
    Incognito

Along a similar line, why are two people having sex referred to as 'sleeping together'? There is usually no sleeping involved.

With regard to going to the 'Washroom', I hope you do at least wash your hands after you poop or pee.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Aussies like to take a crap and a whiz as they go to the loo.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Restroom

The feeling of relief.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I use, 'going to the convenience'. It's a bit quaint from an older UK.

Of course here in the UK, we go to the -

Bog

Khazi

Loo

Toilet

Gents/Ladies.

sometimes we use words from other places like Dunny from Aussy land. A few Brits say bathroom because we are saturated with American TV.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is the church's fault. They take the original words and make them taboo. So, someone comes up with substitute words--and the church makes those words taboo, too. All to shut down communication--the better to enslave the whole world with.

Yet, some of those words are right in that bible. How many times have I seen the word "dung" right in the bible? I saw the word "puke" in the bible once--and that was the actual word, not "vomit" (which I have seen quite a few times in addition to that occurrence in Jeremiah 25. All to compare humanity with manure--just goes to show what joke-hova thinks of humanity aside its "chosen people".

Even the word "pee" is an abbreviation of the original word that the church has made taboo. Instead of "the P word", they take the first letter and spell out how it sounds. Since there is already a word "pea" that sounds like it (the vegetable), they spell it "pee". Of course, the churches are not too happy with that word, either. So they invent terms to further hide it--"wash room" (to me, that is a place where you get washed up or do laundry), "bathroom" (isn't that a place where you take a bath?), "rest room" (the last time I knew, no one rested in a rest room, unless they are trying to sleep on the job without getting caught), "water closet" (where is the water for drinking or cleaning there?).

I guess the churches are afraid of necessary body functions. Of course, they could use the French term "urinate" and "defecate"--but, even then it is not disguised well enough (the more coarse terms originate with Germanic Old English). Maybe it's time to disguise "going to church" by using "going to help joke-hova enslave the world". At least that is more accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit