Meanwhile over at exjw reddit

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

It has no value at all. It consists of 99% dumb, confused kids asking stupid hypothetical questions

• minsky
    minsky

A total waste of time, all it consist of is memes and stupid upvote-optimized spam to farm karma, most of which are from the same posters. Under all the fakeness and 'fun' memes they are a pretty unfriendly bunch and will let you know you are not welcome if you have ideas that goes against the PC group-think.

All of reddit seems to be going to hell these days..

What wrong with a much of "confused (JW) kids asking stupid hypothetical questions?"

We seem to have lost a lot of dumb confused kids coming to this web site.

• jaydee
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Tbh I prefer the exjw Reddit over this forum, mainly because of the many polarizing (and imho often unreasonable or even dishonest) topics on politics around here.

I find it easier to ignore a teenagers' dumb but somewhat funny memes than to ignore adults ranting about how 'the evil others' of whatever side are going to destroy the USA....

The exjw reddit serves a lot of struggling people, especially the younger crowd. I think in terms of number of people finding support the exjw Reddit today helps more people than this forum (not that it's a contest).

And I can also see how the memes might be annoying enough to not like exjw reddit :-)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i did join ex jw redditt--but i find it difficult to use. i know a lot on here are also on it--plus many have left--or been kicked out of here.

i couldnt give a toss about american politics,--and even less about british politics. i dont bother voting.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Meanwhile over at exjw reddit .....It has no value at all. It consists of 99% dumb, confused kids asking stupid hypothetical questions

I'm not so sure I agree with this hypothesis which is made on the basis of limited evidence.

Here is the "EVIDENCE" that I see on exjw reddit.

In just a few years their membership has grown to 56,0000

These confused kids are labeled as dumb-----

yet they figured out the Watchtower was not the TRUTH before they turned 18. Some are as young as 13 and already know the Watchtower is a cult and are already planning on leaving the cult once they turn 18.

Yet many here didn't figured it out till their 50's or older????

Many old exjw redditors that stopped posting several years ago pop in from time to time to encourage the young ones still trapped in a JW household. They relate their own stories of what happened afterwards when they were shunned by family and kicked out of the house with nothing.

Many of them lived in shelters for a while and worked their way out and into an apartment while at the same time going to school and finishing College. Many of them have turned out to be Engineers, Nurses, others have been accepted into medical school. others have been accepted into law schools.

You call them "confused kids asking stupid hypothetical questions"------That's because they are kids, some as young as twelve. But some of the hypothetical questions are biblical, like "Where will all the resurrected ones fit when they come back, will they be put on other planets?"

These kids are asking hypothetical questions that when answered, make no sense and they see that all ready at a young age. The older ones then step in and explain to them why such a teaching is ludicrous. And that's how these young kids learn at an early age that they are in a cult and need to escape.

Then there are tons of kids that post asking for help because they are being sexually abused and want to commit suicide. There are many members that step in and help them with encouragement and direction to contact suicide prevention organizations. Then months or years later these same kids post a letter of "THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE"

These exjw redditors are the generation that will not stay in the organization till they hit their 50s and it's too late to do anything about it.

One of my best friends comes from the exjw reddit group. He just started Law school and he is only 22 years old. He credits exjw Reddit with saving his life from the cult.

So I disagree that that site has no value.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANDERS ANDERSON:

Yes, I had noticed that site seems to mostly be made up of young people.

But as far as them being ‘free from polarizing politics’, you’re wrong. They bought into the whole BLM thing a few months ago - hook, line and sinker!!! Nauseating...In fact, I stopped looking at the site for a while...As far as ‘dishonest’ topics on politics 🙄: it depends on your viewpoint!

PISTOL PETE:

I also think it’s a great thing that so many young people are discovering the JW religion is BS..before they waste their lives there!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes I tend to agree with the poster here. It mainly consisting of young kids wanting out, so they can hook up with the BF or go party. I find the conversation here to be of a much higher standard. Also, if I am after deep meaningful replies it will be here that I post first. To be honest I find reddit to be a place of silly ness from kids.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    But as far as them being ‘free from polarizing politics’, you’re wrong.

I didn't say the exjw Reddit is free of that. It's just that half the posts here seem to be about politics and quite polarizing, and on Reddit most post have to do with something JW. The mix of topics is quite different between here and there.

As far as ‘dishonest’ topics on politics 🙄: it depends on your viewpoint!

I'm not talking about whether or not I agree with someone's viewpoint or not. I prefer exposing myself to different points of view, so I can learn. Polite conversation can be enlightening, even if parties don't agree on what the facts are.
    But having lived through Watchtower lies, quotes out of context or without any source reference, I have learned to spot the overly wild claims based on soundbites ripped out of context, or wild speculation based on rumor to incite excitement for a cause. And it seems to me those seem to pop up around quite often....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit