Child Abuse Charges Laid Against a High level Catholic Cardinal

by fulltimestudent 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Its taken a while for this to happen, but the Victorian (Australia) police have decided there is sufficient evidence to charge Cardinal George Pell with multiple sexual abuse charges.

Pell was once the highest ranking Catholic in Australia, but once the accusations of child abuse started to surface, he was shipped off to Rome where, since 2014 Pell has been prefect of the secretariat for the economy, (the Vatican’s treasurer).

He is generally seen as No 3 in the world Catholic heirarchy.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jun/29/cardinal-george-pell-charged-with-multiple-sexual-offences?CMP=soc_567

• Chook
    Chook

These allegations have been around for years , I think they might be on a witch hunt since ARC. If he's guilty let him rot, but I'm suspicious considering these allegations were never brought before the courts before. I can't see cardinal Pell returning anytime soon to Australia, he is protected more than GB due to Vatican sovereignty status.

• possum
    possum

Cardinal Pell protected a vile priest called Risadale(destroying the community of Ballarat) he was complicit in moving paedophile priests from parish to parish. The allegations against him have been around for many years but he has had powerful political protectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHOmforqxk

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done possum!

You beat me to it! I was just about to post Tim Minchin's song too!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Language warning!

Do not watch if easily offended.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

• possum
    possum

Sorry Stuckinarut, Isn't it a great song! Never heard the pope song before powerful! Must give little Catholic tony abbot heart palpitations.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes possum!

The clever point Tim Minchin is making in "the Pope Song" is lost on some people who find " the language offensive"

BUT when compared to the OFFENSIVE acts it addresses, then language pales into insignificance

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

There's a great Netflix documentary about sexual abuse within the Catholic church.

It's called The Keepers. At times a bit graphic but overall a great doc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I love that they are going after these guys even if what it happened years ago.

The Catholic religion is extremely rich , so they should pay financial restitution to these people who have been sexually abused.

• possum
    possum

Pell is in charge of the Vatican finances. Cardinal Pell, has a plum posting being responsible for preparing the Holy See and Vatican's annual budget, as well as financial planning and enhanced internal controls. Also, Cardinal Pell was appointed as one of eight cardinals to advise the pope on how to reform the Catholic church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit