15 yrs ago Jehovah needed $50 million for new printing presses

by Hotpepper 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

What happened to all those new printing presses? The WT said they were going to double the amount of mag's every month. I wonder what ever happened

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I still can`t get my head around why Jehovah God needs money ?

Isn`t he the B all and end all of all things ?

According to the JW`s he can make anything he wants to happen happen ,but apparently he can`t make money .

• Smiles
    Smiles

Maybe reassigned to a new field, or sold into Satan's world

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have you got a reference for that statement?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well, my memory is that they "invested" in several huge all singing, all dancing high speed presses whose output would put half the trees in the world under threat. They bought one for London and it was off the scale mega. They were made by MAN Germany I believe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIDIN FAST:

As far as I’m concerned, the Witnesses and their stupid magazines and tracts, etc. are a waste of our beautiful trees!!

The best news for the world is that they stop printing! Most of it ends up littering the earth and truly deserves to be called litter-ature.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They bought MAN presses with a lot of pooha (MAN praised watchtower for being so smart with devolpment blablabla) for Selters and Walkill and maybe London.

And soon came the mass lay off's.

Remember also that the paper suplier had a lot of connections with watchtower.

Came to mind that watchtower was the reason of living of the paper suplier.

Smelled like some financial connection between both.

G.

• alanv
    alanv

Watchtower were very slow to embrace the internet. So probably while other businesses were arranging togoing online, Watchtower were busy warning their members about the dangers of the internet. They would have had no idea that Watchtower online would take over most of their printing.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I guess the invisible man in the sky did not see the internet and digital taking over print.He must have been on the toilet

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Year book 2005 pages 25-28

Geared for increase worldwide

A lot of bragging but for a change no mention of cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit