Memorial - from disgusted to feeling sorry

by UBM101 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UBM101
    UBM101

I went with my husband tonight for the first time. It was pretty appalling how they lied about the 144k and everyone else. Then passing the wine and bread for nothing. But then suddenly I felt sorry for those poor souls. It's just like some movie about an abusive psychopath mentally and psychological abusing their victims. First tell them how much he loves them, then tell them how unworthy they are and the cycle goes on and on...

• waton
    waton

mentioned twice: . show by works that you are worthy of the ransom.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

UBM101, that's the whole motivator in Christianity that I hate. How much are you going to work, give, suffer and bleed for this man who was tortured to death for you?

• venus
    venus

When i was just following the crowd, I attended it as others did only to realize later that this is nothing but cannibalism in another form and name.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Considering they were boasting that 2014 was likely the last Satanic Black Mass 'memorial(tm), they keep racking them up through the years.

I'm sorry you lost hours from your life UBM.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point punk! They did indeed say that prior to the 2014 memorial!

"This may well be the last memorial prior to the end of this system". It was in the Kingdom Ministry.

They also said that in a KM back in the 1970's....

• unsure
    unsure
    This may well be the last memorial prior to the end of this system". It was in the Kingdom Ministry.

I can't believe they actually recently said this. You'd think they would have learned by now. Maybe they have a secret betting pool amongst the writers to see who gets it right (of course in reality, very wrong.)

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

stuckinarut2,

Can you please provide the link or source of the Kingdom Ministry where JW's have mentioned that this would be their last memorial? 2014 and 1970?

I am currently discussing this with a family member

• Splash
    Splash
    Drearyweather Can you please provide the link or source of the Kingdom Ministry where JW's have mentioned that this would be their last memorial? 2014 and 1970?

KM 2014 03 p.2 Para 4. "Will You Seize the Opportunity?
    "Will this Memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11: 26) We do not know."

ka (1973) chap. 17 pp. 351-352 par. 43 The "Slave" Who Lived to See the "Sign"
    The Watch Tower, under date of March 1, 1918, in its first paragraph of the leading article "In Memory of Our King," said: "Whether the coming Memorial will be the last on earth, we do not, of course, know; but we do know that we are one year nearer the full consummation of our hopes."

Of course, the purpose in saying "Is this the last (wink wink), we don't know (smile)" is to get the faithful all excited. They reason "Why else would they put it if they didn't know something was going on?"
    The WT did exactly the same around 1975: "We know what's going to happen... but we're not saying".

It's the most obvious nonsense of all JW teachings.

It would be more accurate for the WT to say "For over 100 years we've been saying armageddon is imminent and right on our doorstep. We have been wrong all this time but we're going to keep spouting the same drivel until you have all grown old and died."
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"Will this Memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11: 26) We do not know."

Then why ask?!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit