Oh The Irony

by FedUpJW 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So I sat and suffered through the CLAM tonight.

Everything was pretty much as dull, repetitious, and simple-minded as I have come to expect, but I was really struck by the mind-numbing idiotic comments made during the part about shunning family.

Then came the BOOK study (no real Bible use) loaded with self-congratulatory B.S about how WT never has, and never will beg, solicit, or ask for money. I could feel myself beginning to channel the old Tasmanian Devil cartoon character as I listened to that garbage while remembering the JDubya TV shows about how more money was going out than coming in and GIVE MORE. But finally came the most ironic (to me) part of the entire meeting and I could not help bursting out in a loud belly laugh that got me many dirty looks and heavy frowns. They read a letter from the GB asking for $14.00 per member (suggested) and passed a "resolution" to pay that amount. I of course made it obvious that my arms were firmly folded across my chest so there would be no mistake what my feelings were.

Afterwards I asked someone who is still talking to me if they thought anyone else would get the irony of 30 minutes spent saying JW's do not ask for money followed by them asking for more money. I saw a light go off in their eyes. Maybe....just maybe?

• kairos
    kairos

Wow. Now I want my wife to go to the meeting...

This could wake her up

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH MY WORD!

Has the Society gone insane??

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I'll be watching the people's faces as I visit (unavoidably!) a foreign speaking congregation.

Key quotations: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5184209385684992/next-weeks-bible-study-k-h

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s moments like these I just wish I was back their to confront their bullshit head on .

Surely their must be some their that see the contradictions ? and wake up ?

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, they couldn't have had much more awkward timing....

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Yeah. I thought the same. The BS emanating from the book study and then the letters read out asking for more money. This is a classical example of fickle Watchtower mind set.

It's no wonder their teachings change so often, particularly when it suits eg the generation change.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

loaded with self-congratulatory B.S about how WT never has, and never will beg, solicit, or ask for money.

Image result for laughing rolling on floor

• UnshackleTheChains
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Did they specify what this 14 dollars was for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit