by Atlantis 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Of course they want more money.

They always want more money.

Defending child abusers isn't cheap.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The CO assistance is to pay for an ego driven company man who most often does not care one wit about people in the congregation. Congregants are there to make him look good first and foremost. He represent's the interests of the WTBTS....... a known criminally corrupt corporation which has an entirely different agenda then the local congregation.

What the watchtower is saying is that you the congregation member must now pay for the needless weight of an over anxious Overseer who's sole purpose in life is to make your worship harder. And as a manager the only thing he needs to know are the numbers.

The CO is also the point man on which congregations are going to be closed and sold off.

With that in mind it would be wise for the Society to hold Real Estate classes for every CO.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Agreed, they want MORE money. I just had to forward a mid six figure estate "donation" to those leeches. The letter I got back was a couple paragraphs stating how much money was needed for ALL THE KINGDOM HALLS that need to be built, and all the cost of translating publications. Then the final paragraph was short and to the point asking if there would be any more money that they would get!

Damned greedy bastards!!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Don't you just love the terms and conditions that apply?

They're requesting money to help COs, but the money can go to anything the org deems necessary.

If Watchtower cuts number of CO and money is left, the org surely wouldn't inform the congs to adapt their donations correspondingly.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

£4.50 per publisher.

Let's say 50 publishers per cong. £4.50 x 50 = £225 per visit.

Tax free mind you.

Bear in mind he has not mortgage and no rent to pay. His lunch and dinner is sorted by the JW wives just gushing to invite him first.

Not a bad gig that. But then, I wouldnt want to be spending all my days knocking on doors for Watchtower. Rather him than me!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Basically your paying for a guy to visit you twice a year just to tell you you're not doing enough!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems to be £4.50 per publisher per year, not per visit. There are roughly two visits per year. I don’t know how the finances of COs have worked up until now, but on the face of it this seems to be an attempt to move at least some of the financial burden away from the branch and onto the congregations. If that’s what is going on then I think it could easily backfire. What Watchtower never seems to take account of, when asking for more money, is that publishers, as rational consumers, are perfectly capable of simply deducting whatever extra they pay out for an extra fund from what they would have donated to the general fund in the first place. So they may get their extra £250 or whatever CO fund from each congregation, but find that contributions to the general worldwide fund goes down by a similar amount, and they are back to square one. In fact if donation solicitation fatigue sets in, then contributions may actually go down over time.

It certainly seems to me that contributions to the general worldwide fund have gone down over the years. With all the extra payments Watchtower insists upon, and the discontinuation of literature, I guess many people simply don’t see the point of the world wide work contributions box any more. What Watchtower takes with one hand they lose from the other.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They want more money. What shock.

Ten bucks says this is a significant factor:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5171066998620160/my-conversation-fixer-attorney-pentecostal-tv-evangelists

:smirk:

• sir82
    sir82

Contributions of $X per publisher per year is not new, it's been around for at least 15 or 20 years.

They send out a reminder letter once a year with a new "suggested amount".

The money gets sent from the congregations to the branch, and the branch doles it out for CO expenses - health care, gasoline, clothing, monthly stipend, etc.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I bet if the congregation refuse to pay up the CO thingy might be history. I'm feelin that the contribution are at an all time low after the latest money grab, and the shit hitting the fan about all these super high lawsuit pay outs that are being advertised all over the internet.

People are voting with their wallets so the money drain doesn't look like it will ever come to a halt till they go belly up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit