A New LOW for Jehovah's Witnesses

by Newly Enlightened 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, thanks. & a big shout out to Kristy Ann youtube channel.. I like watching her content alot.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Maybe I remembered wrong that they directed to tone it down.

Any you old ones remember the cemetery work on (USA ) memorial day? I never went but it was done. Maybe put a tract on each marker like they do the flags.🙄

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    you might tactfully approach grieving ones in cemeteries on occasions when they return to visit the grave of a loved one.

We had a CO visit not long after this came out, and I recall some folks talking about how the "car group" the CO was in did just this - hung around a cemetery and waited to pounce.

Even though I was a full-on believer at that point, I found it really ghoulish. Never was I so thankful I missed field service that morning!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Disgusting behaviour.

Any reasonable person can see this is a big no-no - you shouldn't recruit people via condolences messages.

What the f is wrong with these people? Jesus Christ!

The only good thing that can come from this is that people will see the Watchtower religion for what it is.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Not a "new low" as the title states. They have been doing this forever, Also, this video isn't new either. If you watch the scroll at the bottom it talks about Stephen Hawking passing away, which if my memory serves me correctly was in March of 2018.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

That's not recruiting. Where do they see recruiting.

And why get upset over that?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So whats this comforting message?

Sorry but your loved one isn't in heaven through Jesus Christ. In fact the reason why death and bad things happen to good people is because we are just pawns of God to show Satan is wrong.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Funny that this video should be posted yesterday because a friend of mine in Oregon was preparing to leave for his father's funeral which was held this past Monday, when he received phone call from a "blocked" number. He normally doesn't answer blocked callers but he thought the call might have something to do with the funeral arrangements.

It turns out it was someone who was calling to point out how negative things are going in the world, sickness and death and wanted to direct him to a place where there's a message of "positivity". He went on at length about "negative" world events and our need for "positivity" and how that message can be found at JWorg.

The caller hadn't identified himself but as soon as he said JWorg my friend realized he must be from JW's so he asked him outright if that's who he was. The caller seemed taken aback and asked if my friend if he was familiar with JW's. He said yes, that he knows people who were JW's and their experience was far from being positive.

Long story short, the subject was quickly changed back to JWorg and the call ended. My friend said he felt really strange afterward. His father died after years of surgeries and chemo to treat a brain tumor and this call kind of shook him and made him feel as if he was being watched or somehow tracked and that someone was trying to prey on his grief. His mind was focused on trying to hold it together for his father's funeral in a few hours and the arrangements afterward and suddenly out of nowhere he gets this weird call. He wished that he had thought to ask how the caller got his phone number and had expressed how bad this call made him feel. He's a very kindly and tolerant sort of guy and it would take a lot for him to get to the point where he'd want to confront someone about anything.

I shared this video with him and he felt better knowing that he wasn't the only one who thought this was weird. He also thought it was great that this woman went to the news to complain about this practice. He remarked on the way the spokesperson from the Watchtower said they didn't encourage this practice ( I assured him that they do encourage it). He also remarked how brainwashed someone must be to get to the point where their own natural embarrassment or shame wouldn't be enough to prevent them from doing something like this. I told him I was too embarrassed to do a lot of the things they wanted us to do and how they interpret this as a lack of fait and view you as "spiritually weak" and treat you as such.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This is very tacky in my opinion and I would think a person who does this would be courting danger.

People who are grieving might be unpredictable. I am reminded of the movie I saw years ago called “The Verdict” with Paul Newman. He played a burnt out lawyer who wasn’t doing well. Before he got his big case it seemed he was what people call an ‘ambulance chaser’.

There was a scene where he went into a funeral home and mixed among the mourners pretending to be one. I believe he was passing out business cards. One of the mourners who was close to the deceased (the son?) sensed something was off and was angry that he was there.. He told him off good and was so outraged that the lawyer almost got his behind physically kicked out into the street!...This type of angry response is what somebody is risking when they intrude on people’s grief!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Rattigan350:

That's not recruiting. Where do they see recruiting.

And why get upset over that?

I am delighted to see that you are doing your part to darken the black eye that Jehovah's Witnesses and their Organization already have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit