My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

Please cry as much as you can. This grief only shows how much you love your brother. And how much the stupid JWs are to say things like that at his death bed... How rude of them, really really rude. They know nothing of fellow feeling just keeping to WTS made laws.

After your initial grief I hope you'll take time to write about your experience just to get your feelings straight. Stay angry at the religion that kills. These are sick masochistic bastards. I'm not in a believer in "time heals all wounds", rather time may distance you from your brothers death, but time will never heal the chasm left by his absence. 20 years ago my Mom died, I still grieve and miss her terribly.

I hate what those JWs did to you, I really hate them.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((( Dear Doodle - V ))))))

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved brother!

Christian Love,

AAF

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dear Doodle,

When I was 17 and my oldest brother was 22 he died in a one vehicle accident. I remember how shocking and painful it was and I still miss him. I wish there were something I could say or do to take away your unspeakable pain. Sadly there really isn't anything that can undo this terrible pain. It does always help when people care though. Even if only to keep you from feeling completely isolated. I hope you have a good network of in person friends to help you through this.

It's cliche but it's true: time will ease the shock and the pain does lessen. When it hurts the worst please remember this. It doesn't help now but it does offer hope even if only in a small way.

Love,

Heather

• tink
    tink

i actually started crying as i read this. i have two brothers and i don't know what i would do if anything happened to either of them. i wish i could say something, anything, that would make it hurt less, but i know nothing but time can make that happen. you are in my thoughts, doodle-girl.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm so so sorry Doodle. Don't know what to say.

O

• Xandria
    Xandria

Doodle:

My deepest heartfelt condolences on your loss. The only thing I can say is, get through this the best you can. The one thing that may help is to hold your own memorial. I know someone who took a lock of hair a photo and we went to the lake. ( Her sister's happiest place, where they played together.) We had made a japanese floating lantern and placed these items in the bottom and lit it. We set it to float and watched as it floated away into a spec and soon disappeared. We remembered and talked about the good times. It was a way of saying good bye.. in a less restrictive and forceful enviroment.

Once again.. my deepest condolences.

X.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Sorry "doodle-v," for your loss! It?s sad when we loose someone we love. May I ask, how old was your brother? What kind of person was he? Does he leave a family, wife, and kids?

I?m sorry hear your about your pain over the "blood-issue!" I believe that in the long-term, this will no doubt, change for JW?s. Anyway, I?m so sorry for your loss! Take care!

• bebu
    bebu

Oh, I'm so sorry, Doodle. With a big family, and everyone still so young, it is one of the hardest things to do, to see a sibling die. He was too young--but he was brave.

I hope you can also realize that the JWs there did care about your brother and you, even while they are so misled--and mislead... Time will allow peace to come to you.

Doodle, you have my deepest condolences and sincere prayers!

bebu

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I am so sorry.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Doodle,

I can't even imagine the pain you must be going through. I'm so sorry. The doc and I love you.

Kitties

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit