Why are JDubs scared to death of apostate websites?

by Sour Grapes 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When I was an elder back in the 1970's I loved to debate and challenge ministers, preachers, and holy rollers. Now you can be a loyal JDub fully indoctrinated for 30 years but just take a peek at an apostate website and you are doomed. Yes, Satan now has you by the gonads and all of the years of being at the meetings, all of the family worship nights, all of the conventions, and all of the personal study just go up in a cloud of smoke. In the blink of an eye, you will lose your faith.

JDubs have the weakest faith on the face of the earth. The eight New York popes have really brainwashed their cult followers.

• zophar
    zophar

.....the weakest faith on the face of the earth?

I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOUR GRAPES:

The JW belief system is so flimsy you could knock it over with a feather.

That is why ‘they who cannot be criticized’ tell everybody not to look at so-called apostate sites for fear your faith will evaporate like the morning dew.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im a know apostate in my area.

My friends dad is a johoho. I was round there house to price up a job the conversation went as follows

Me:im suprised you let an evil bastard like me round your house.

Devoted jdub: ive been baptised 35years, do you really think you have the ability to sway me? After all this time?

Me:well i can try

DJW: Good luck, can i get you a drink?

I had alot of respect for that.

I suppose the rest of em are too far gone to have that common sence attitude.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

JWs are superstitious. Maybe they don't believe a black cat or walking under a ladder is bad luck. But they do think that reading anything contradicting WT will make Jehovah the All-Mighty mad at them, which will bring bad luck.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW's are superstitious on many levels. It is ironic that we call them 'superstitious' because they demonize the very word.

Enough of that. They have it ingrained in them that someone is ''watching'' all the time. You know, the 'one' they worship and prey to all the time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Because they believe in their mind prison their god "Jehovah" will kill them to death for visiting apostate websites.

At the very least fear some other dub will find out and they'll be de-effed and become "dead" to all their family and friends.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

You have a really good point when you say that just one peek at an apostate website and POOF, there goes the JW's belief system, down the drain.

I remember on brother telling me one time that we should avoid anything or anyone even close to apostasy because he heard of an apostate who came to the meeting one time and whispered in someone's ear something and then that person never came back to the meetings again, ever.

I thought to myself when he said that to me, "well, then that person's faith wasn't worth anything if that's all it takes."

Really, hey, it's true. If you have the truth, then no matter who says to you "2+2=5 or the moon is made of cheese" type of comments, it don't matter. The TRUTH can handle scrutiny.

But that's where the rubber meets the road. THEY DON'T HAVE THE TRUTH.

End of story.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I guess I never thought about the aspect that the desert god watches their every move so visiting an apostate site will be noticed by god as he keeps billions and billions of stars in their correct orbit and listening to all of the millions and millions of prayers said out loud or just in our minds. He is one busy guy.

• blownaway
    blownaway

We were told this BS back in the day. Our people know so much about the bible they can tear up anyone in preaching. This has always been BS. It was only in their own mind that they were this good at preaching. I heard the story's, Oh my brother is so good at the bible knowledge he can destroy anyone's "false" religion. But in 30 years I never saw it once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit