Divergent (this is a must watch)

by Tempest in a Teacup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

It's a 2014 movie and I'm only watching it now. It reminds me strongly of the life of Jws and ex-Jws.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    it's yet another formulaic YA movie set in a dystopian future where a special kid saves the day (as always). No thanks.
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    Oh well. That's your take on this. The dialogues are powerful; the plot isn't my favorite either.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    "Faction before blood", Watchtower before family.
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    I saw it too,, thought the same thing,, us and them,, lies of the outside,, never to question nor go against the leadership. I don't watch these kinds of movies but enjoyed the similarity.
  • Simon
    Simon

It reminds me of Maze-runner.

A small group is locked away in an experimental world with some expectation that they will find "the answer".

The first films of the series are more enjoyable and believable and then get's less realistic as things go on.

They can be an enjoyable romp as long as you don't think about the world too much.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Now you guys understand why I chose my username?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Watched "Insurgent". Tris finally played throught the simulation and got the recorded message that the fractional human society was only a test whether the humanity accomplishes to live together tolerantly.

The indeterminded people, the divergent, who where considered threats to the existing social order, because they think independently and the government therefore cannot control them , are in the end of Insurgent presented as what they really are, not the error in the human society but as its solution.

Did I get it right, Divergent?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My granddaughter saw it with her "in" father and quoted him as saying the story was just like the jw's.

She was thinking that herself and hoped he would get some ttatt but nothing so far.

Marina

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Another great movie in that style is "The Giver"

The theme is a similar one, and rings true to ones who come from a witness background.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit