Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

by LoveUniHateExams 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Star Wars franchise has lots of memorable characters, no doubt about it. The SW extended universe is a big space.

There are lots of characters in the extended universe that I know little or nothing about - I may have only heard their names.

So if you could pick just one character, which one is your favourite?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Old Ben Kenobi.

Sir Alec Guiness did a great job portraying the Jedi Master.

This is seconded by Qui Gon Jinn. The best 2 characters of the entire prequel trilogy were killed off in the first film.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This is seconded by Qui Gon Jinn. The best 2 characters of the entire prequel trilogy were killed off in the first film - who's the other one killed off in ep. 1, Darth Maul?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

My fav character is Darth Vader, with Luke Skywalker a close second.

I like Vader's character arc in the original trilogy. He obviously starts as a bad guy in A New Hope. He is The Empire's thug who gets stuff done. Then Lucas really ups the ante in The Empire Strikes Back - Vader is seriously bad, killing his own officers if they screw up or otherwise displease him.

Then at the end of Return of the Jedi, he finally steps in to save his own son from The Emperor. A redemption, of sorts.

"Now, my son, leave me"

"No, I can't leave you - I came here to save you"

"You already have, Luke"

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

C3po. I only watched the first movie.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Han Solo

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The giant sea porpoise with the huge ball sack tits that produce blue milk. Without this character, Luke dies of starvation on the island, and the entire story line falls apart. He wouldn’t be there to watch Rey naturally become a Jedi in a week, without any training. Such an important character.

• hybridous
    hybridous

R5-D4: if he didn't blow his 'motivator', then Luke and R2 don't meet....

• blondie
    blondie

Leia, nice to see a woman be more than someone mewling in the corner.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I like Rose Tico. Just a normal woman, with no character arc, inadvertently consuming 1/3 of the film’s time, stifling all of Finn’s plans, and finally reminding us that if you kill all of your enemies, they win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit