Question for any elder/recent ex-elder

by OrangeBlossom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

OrangeBlossom,
    When my wife stopped going to meetings, the elders came around "to talk". She simply told them "I don't want to talk about it" and "Theres nothing to discuss". Eventually though, she felt the need to DA.
    If you try these replies it may work for awhile. However, if they want you out they will DA you without your consent. It has happened to many here. You may not even know when it happens.

thinker

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Joelbear, you were right on the money when you said that you have a feeling relatives are putting them up to it. BINGO!

As for moving away, that is not an option for us right now. We just bought this house a few months ago, my husband's business and my job are both here.

We just moved into this congregation when we bought house, so the idiot elders that made the thoughtless, insensitive comments were in previous congregations spanning a period of about 10 years. One comment in itself would not have affected me, however, if you line them all up, after a while it makes you start wondering. Which is what I did. I started questioning thinks primarily on the behavior of "spirit-appointed" men and other things.

But I think I may have come up with a solution...

I told my husband that the next time they come by or approach us say this,

We appreciate you wanting to encourage us, however, both of us were raised in the truth, we know what we are suppose to do. We just have to get our priorities in order. There really isn't anything you can say to us that we have not already heard, it's really going to be up to us to get back to the meetings on a regular basis.

We actually said this to 2 elders in a previous congregation and their response to that was that we "obviously lacked appreciation for spiritual things." They left us alone after that, but then we moved.

Amazing, thanks for your input. I always find your posts extremely enlightening.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello OrangeBlossom,

as you can see you've received many answers.
    I will not give you any more suggestions but I can say that
    in my experience with various similar cases, Amazing gave you
    the most "legal, balanced and sound advice". Btw it works...
    even here in Europe, expecially the part to have "everything
    in writing from the elders" . If they refuse...too bad!

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• mustang
    mustang

My reaction/reply? I have several in mind. But one that I personally would use is: "I'm really quite busy w/ Law School these days. Civil Rights litigation is such a time-consuming study".

Mustang
    amatuer status is as good pro in keeping it a truthful statement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit