CO at assembly in Ohio repeatedly says great tribulation is "only minutes away"

by LevelThePlayingField 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

What Flipper says.... the Organization will find one example where someone misses a meeting and winds up dead because they weren’t at the meeting. BS

• Spiral
    Spiral

It's been minutes away my whole life.

If they really believed that, and had any ethics, they wouldn't be begging for money on one hand and building very nice (if not "luxurious") digs for the GB and the elite on the other.

Such a scam, so obvious.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Any...minute...now...brothers!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Stay awake...keep on the watch...be ready....etc...all designed to up the fear/anxiety factor, and halt a slippage/drift away from the 'Truth'....

• DesirousOfChange
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"What if a law were passed saying you could no longer teach what the Bible teaches?" this goomer asks. Well Brother Goomer, I would still talk about the BIBLE (If one still believed it), I just wouldn't be so quick to spout the WT nonsense that has ZERO BASIS in the Bible! If one believed in God it would be no big thing to suffer for that belief, but I would be Goddamned if I would suffer for eight fat, old buzzards who have lived off the money and sweat of their mentally blind followers!

And of course Brother Goomer had to throw in that bit about "We will all be terrified." Doesn't their Bible tell them, "Do not be afraid!" It was the fearful ones who failed!

My parents and those of that [overlapping] generation would be disgusted with the limp-wristed, paper-assholed snowflakes populating the JDubs these days!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Jehovah's Witnesses come from the same soil as the Seventh Day Adventists, and their eschatology is similar in that they believe that the Pope in Rome will soon enact a law allowing the state to murder them in droves. Only the SDA believe it will be a "Sunday-only" law that will sweep the world through the United Nations.

Not only that, those who attempt to sneak in some worship on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath, will be beheaded. Thus it is that the apostle John writes: "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:15)

One wonders who would pass these draconian and delusional laws. The beast, by the way, arises in the Middle East and the battle of Armageddon is fought there as well. And it's a battle that arises when the enemies of Israel invade Jerusalem. Those who do the invading and the beheading are listed in Ezekiel 38:6 and, when converted to modern nations, make up Palestinian territories, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries that encircle Israel, and their favored way of executing people they disagree with is through beheading. But this doesn't matter to those who think the beast is false Christian religion.

I haven't checked the news in the last hour or so,, but I don't think Donald Trump is sitting at his desk waiting to sign a bill that will let him kill Jehovah's Witnesses by beheading them. I could be wrong, though. Who knows? Anyone else have their radio on?

--

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS has been an active commercialized false prophet for over 100 years, it has used these false prophecies to enhance the proliferation of the literature the organization publishes, as well claiming to have the most accurate bible interpretation.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

At the talk this weekend the speaker said only seconds. Wonder how long until they say milliseconds?!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear is utilized both ways by the WTS. it sells literature and controls people toward the organization means and ways. $$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit