Have You Lost Any “Friends” Because Of Your Political Views?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I agree. This is a cult. There is no rhyme or reason logically to Accept what these crazies are proposing but people are doing it blindly. These would be the same types of people would not take blood transfusions because they were told it wasn’t right.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The blood issue - can be a good thing not to have a blood transfusion. Clinicians and judiciary say so - in some cases not having a blood transfusion is a no-brainer.

The problem with WT's stance on blood is that some poor soul is in a life or death situation, has a blood transfusion and then is at risk of being df'd for just trying to save their life.

Could these events be linked to hysteria? Haven't sat down and analysed it - just an idea. At 2014 Twickenhan convention I witnessed JW hysteria when the ones who had been sent to foreign lands came back and paraded round the pitch. There was a Mexican Wave and the crowd went bananas. I had never seen them do that before and I found it disturbing. But a crowd going bananas - what makes a crowd go bananas? The WT publishers were cheering people they perceived as virtuous heros. Quasi-saints who were related to them.

If if was the pope on the pitch and Catholics were going banans, WT publishers would say they were demon possessed.

Regarding blind guides, Jesus was speaking about the Pharisees - they claimed to be teachers.

(Matthew 15:14) . . .LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit