2016-4-4-BOE!--Scanning and Sending Medical Records through Emails!

by Atlantis 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Well, Newly Enlightened, I really wish someone who knows could tell us. Without giving the actual identities away, it would be helpful to know, for example, that it was from a branch member to a circuit overseer (or whatever the case may be).

As it stands, spelling and grammar issues make it look a little dodgy. When you have a completely anonymous letter divorced from place and context, those errors really stand out.

This doesn't mean anyone's doubting Atlantis. It could, however, mean that Atlantis has been passed some bad information.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

In the interest of clarity, both my wife and daughter are registered nurses in the Uk.

To access medical records is a lengthy drawn out process, mostly because everything at the moment is being slowly transferred from paper to electronic. (system 1 or EMIS)

The max charge to access paper from NHS is £50. Electronic, if yours have been fully transferred, is £10. You have to pay this to get access. It can be more if practise is GMC or private. They can charge what they want.

Who you then give it to is up to you. (Why would you?)

If however you have no interest in looking at your own records, but still give permission on a jw/hlc form for them to gain access, it is ONLY access to immediate care notes, not the whole med file. ( ie a car crash victim.) The hlc would also have to pay the above costs to have a written copy.

No health professional is allowed to distribute your med info electronically without a power of attorney in place.

The hlc would not be allowed access to all records unless they went through legal channels. They would have to have a VERY good reason to obtain all your records even with your consent, eg power of attorney.

So, its not as simple as just signing over an nhs number and they have everything about you on tap.

If there is something to this letter, it would be interesting to say in the least how it pans out.

Hope the info is useful.

• cofty
    cofty
    All you doubters... who said it was from headquarters itself? Did you ever think this could be a directive sent from HQ to maybe HLC members to inform congregations or a Circuit Overseer? - NE

Yes of course. I suggested the possibility that it might be from a HLC member.

It would be useful to have that confirmed would it not?

Caution is not something to apologise for.

• rebel8
    rebel8

For some reason this forum has a lot of posts misinterpreting HIPAA, even after I posted a direct link proving the law does not apply to religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit