What Do You Try To Do To Get JWs OUT??

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you try to get any friends, relatives or Witnesses in general, "out"?

• Mulan
    Mulan

only if they come to us.

We have found it pointless to try and educate them. But if they come to us to see what we know (that has happened), we gladly tell them.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We have found it pointless to try and educate them

I am with Mulan.The minds of any who are firmly in the WT CULT are closed. If they start to question then you can aid them to see the truth about the truth.Until then you are just beating your head against a brick wall.

• kj
    kj

Almost anyone I've ever asked for advice on how to get JWs out has said you have to use their own publications and show them how they contradict themselves and the Bible. But as Mulan said, if they don't want the information it is pointless. I've learned that the hard way so far.

kj

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    *** Galatians 1:8-12 ***However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I would not be Christ?s slave. 11 For I put YOU on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human; 12 for neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught [it], except through revelation by Jesus Christ

I'd like to show that to a JW and ask them what they would do if they discovered that the WTS was teaching something that they knew was untrue.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Yep! I've been working on my fleshly brother, but now he doesn't want me around! Oh well, his loss! However, I've been successful in tell the "real" good-news about what the Bible really teaches and several currently active elders are taking a second look! Who knows, they might end-up-here sometime! Right now, they're not ready for this, but I believe in time, it may happen.

• Sassy
    Sassy

My next steps are to educate myself more so than when someone does ask I can give them facts why the WTS is not the true way. I know in my heart they are not by many things, but they are not enough to use to win an argument with anyone who doesn't have any doubts. I guess the thing is, before I was ready, I wouldn't have listened any way. Niether will those I love. Instead I would push them away if I tried to get them out. What I need to do is be patient and learn. Then when the opportunity presents itself where they want to know, I want to be ready to give THEM A WITNESS... so.. I am only in training mode now..

• scumrat
    scumrat

Well, my family dis-owned me over 4 years ago and I have no contact with them. However they are willing to talk to my fiancee, they really like her and think she is a very nice worldy girl. The truth of the matter is, she is also an ex-jw and she had pioneered for years. I call her my ace in the hole. Whenever she tells me of her conversations with my family members I always have a big smile on my face because they don't realize who their dealing with. This has been going on for a couple of years now. Only time will tell how this will work out.

• minimus
    minimus

My mother told me yesterday that at an assembly her friend attended within the circuit, a number of people asked about me and wanted to know what was happening. When her friend asked the same question, my mother said she didn't want to talk about it because she would cry. Then she said, "A mother always hopes the best for her children. I pray everynight for you".......Lately, my mother has pushed herself to go to more meetings than ever (she is chronically ill). Her attitude seems to be more grounded in the "truth", than it has been in the last year......Very frustrating.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    my mother said she didn't want to talk about it because she would cry.

My mother told my JW friend that she thinks we are sorry we left "the truth". I wonder what on earth made her say something like that. Very Confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit