Has Anyone Gotten Disfellowshipped Here and For What??

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

Its really a case of sinning apostates, the leading JWS (GB) who self anointed themselves with god's holy spirit who are making judgments onto others and punishing them.

oh the power is great

In Christian theology its suppose to be only Jesus who is the one who judges people.

The only advise in the bible is to not associate with the wicked as you too may become actively wicked. There is no stated action to publicly identify people as in a congregation or publicly announce to DF people.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Oh, pretty strange comparison. I love travelling by train. I wonder when trains will be back to normal. Sleeper trains were already in decline in Europe before the pandemic. I hope they make a comeback.
    He could have sung the song: you take the high road, and I’ll take the low road, and I’ll be in Scotland befoooore you! But I heard that song means heaven or hell, or something.
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    When you depart Scotland to go to Venice, make sure you pick up a few bottles of whiskey.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay, but to be pedantic, that’s whisky in Scotland, whiskey in Ireland. I’ve never even tasted it.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

You feel free to be pedantic Slimboy. I stand educated and enlightened on the subtlties of spelling.

I can be pedantic too - I insisted to the GB that the number 3 really, really was the number 3. I got thrown out for that.

I also had an issue with the number 2 - if you put a 0 after it, like this 20, it changes the value by 18.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Anna Marina - "My view is that the screws are being tightened."

Hell, yes.

In an odd way, this is a positive sign.

Every authoritarian regime in history that tightens the screw does so because it feels threatened.

And why would the Org feel threatened...

...if it wasn't actually at risk?

Not to mention that said screw-tightening always ends up facilitating the decline its meant to stave off.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In a sense the screws are tightening and in another sense they are not. The rhetoric of the GB does seem to have hardened against apostates, hostile media, and even governments in recent years. At the time fewer people are getting disfellowshipped. So there seems to be a growing disconnect between the instructions from the leaders and the implementation on the ground. This is my perception anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit