Today's Watchtower; if GB say celebrity adulation is wrong, why do they pose for pics and sign autographs?

by Isambard Crater 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Says it all really. Total hypocrisy once again.

• Zoos
    Zoos

It's wrong to adulate other celebrities. OTHER!

Governing body pin-ups are okay... in fact, encouraged.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

That is an apostate lie! They never signed Bibles!

• Room 215
    Room 215

I think two of these three guys are dead... or am I wrong?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

And signed for PUBLIC OFFICIALS no less! Not for ordinary Joe and Joanna public.

"We are no part of the world!" Total liars!!

• sparky1
    sparky1

I'll give these 'old boys' a little credit. At least they weren't self aggrandizing attention whores to the degree of the current crop of Governing Body members.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I could not say it better than the thread title. ....AM 3 has his ugly mug in the Convention programme. Why do they hog the monthly broadcast?

Reminds me of Matt. 23. " Do as they say but not as they do " .... Pharisees!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Question 6, 7: "In the matter of rendering humans honor, how do Jehovah's Witnesses differ from many people?"

Par. 6 "Hence, young and old alike look to them as role models, perhaps imitating their mannerisms, dress, or conduct. [Par. 7] True Christians refrain from such a distorted view of honoring humans."

This s--t printed just after five pages of showing "special attention" to a human!

I only got this far before I could not stomach anymore of the hypocrisy. But maybe, just maybe I will go to the meeting, raise my hand for the question, and IF I should get called on make the following comment, "Unlike humans who are influenced by Satan's world who place their religious leaders on a pedestal, looking to them as role models and imitating their dress or conduct; Jehovah's Witnesses NEVER will place their religious leaders on any sort of public pedestal such as TV, or hold then up as examples of dress, grooming, or conduct because they do not want God to be sad that they have given more honor and respect to them than is due!"

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The Watchtower Corporation is stand of giving humans celebrities any type of adulation is a form of worship and is idolatry condemned by Jehovah their corporation mascot and invisible leader, and adulation of the Governing Body is not the same is due to extreme compartmentalization in their puny little delusional minds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)
    Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.
    Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states.[1]...
    Vulnerability[edit]
    Compartmentalization may lead to hidden vulnerabilities in those who use it as a major defense mechanism.[6]
    Those suffering from borderline personality disorder will often divide people into all good versus all bad, to avoid the conflicts removing the compartments would inevitably bring, using denial or indifference to protect against any indications of contradictory evidence.[7]
    Using indifference towards a better viewpoint is a normal and common example of this. It can be caused by someone having used multiple compartment ideals and having been uncomfortable with modifying them, at risk of being found incorrect. This often causes double-standards, and bias.[citation needed]

• Incognito
    Incognito

In their view, everyone else is below them in status to even dare suggest they are not acting properly or to question their being chosen by God.

As they consider themselves "Guardians of Doctrine", then the expectation is that everyone else is to look on them in awe and faithfully follow every utterance from their mouths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit