shunning of those who have "left da troof"

by resolute Bandicoot 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Ding, that isn't true. If they actually said that it would be everywhere.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm pretty sure that people just get confused about different situations. You can have association with family that live in your household, just not spiritual association (talking about religion). You do shun family that live outside your house. It has been that way for a long time but the JWs spin answers to reflect either situation that suits what they need at the time and those who are out get confused. You couldn't totally shun a family member living with you. You can totally shun those not living with you. I think that causes confusion for many that are out.

I think a lot of people want them to be duplicitous, or want them to say certain things, and read into what is said. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've seen it quite a bit in these circumstances. There are multiple circumstances at hand but people see it all through one lens trying to come up with a "gotcha". Watchtower certainly spins and uses theocratic warfare, but we all know what the rules are and no they haven't changed them.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

........he said " Well that would be presumptuous ".

Sorry to disagree. That is not exactly what he said. He said it would SEEM presumptuous to say that. That small word "seem" changes the statement entirely. In THEIR mind it is not, never has been, and never will be presumptuous to make that statement. Jackson's testimony was in fact a classic example of "spiritual" warfare.

• Biahi
    Biahi

FedupJw, spot on!

• blondie
    blondie

There is the official line regarding DFing and what really happens.

I have known jw elders who associate with df'd family members, talking to them on the phone at work all the time conversationally not family busines. One elder did not realize that the person on the other side of his cubicle was a jw in another congregation; that person was wondering if he should say something.

Another elder picked up his df'd son at his work and drove home and picked his son at his son's home every morning. I caught the bus every day across from that son's employment; when I mentioned to the elders they said that elder was conducting necessary family business. So you see, the interpretation of it all depends on the BOE.

I can tell you more things, but I'm sure you have your own experiences.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Marked

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Thanks to everyone who responded, I've seen some very extreme shunning by ultra dubs recently and I'll be sharing some insights with those effected.

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit