Exjw activists protesting inside a Kingdom Hall today!

by Crazyguy 110 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

I like you, Morpheus. πŸ˜‚

• Nacho Sanchez
    Nacho Sanchez

thebrokenkite - Whether you care to admit it or not, we all have a "dog in the fight" (quotations included because I personally despise the phrase loving dogs as much as I do). You correctly identified mine as I agree with the goals of the protest and did not pretend to be a "neutral observer". Nor did I pretend that I wasn't either. Now the problem is getting you to admit your "dog in the fight", namely personal biases towards the organizers and possibly of the protest altogether. It didn't take you more than one paragraph in to take a jab at a couple of them, and indeed all of them had something ill said of them at one point, Neil Gardner being the exception. You see, you gave yourself away from the beginning by claiming to have already "low expectations" of the event. Everything you said after that is colored by that remark. And you can promise to watch your wording next time, but this you cannot undo. You revealed yourself and the figurative "dog in the fight". Look, I don't claim to know the reasons behind why you think this or whether personal grudges were greater than your disdain of the event itself. It really doesn't matter in the large spectrum of things. You do seem to hit upon "curious newbie" vibe enough so that I wonder if you are indeed who you are saying you are. But that's just me, I have no proof one way or another. So I just held you to your words as typed. It does seem that you understand that to label people as "elders" and having the "JW mentality" is derogatory to a former JW. I am not personally offended, it just would have been nice to have gotten a firm answer as to whom the "elders" were and what they did besides hand out books and allegedly brushing you off, but since you dropped that point it is only fair to drop my counter-point. I can only guess based on your comments that these were Joel and Parker, and to a lesser extent, Gilbert. But like I said, it's all speculation and I don't claim to have an insight into your head.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

β€œOK, enough talking for now. β€œ

That didnt last long.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thebrokenkite - If I were there I would have no problem with you giving out your business cards - networking in other words. This could give people incentives for joining such protests at the same time people would be free to just dump stuff they are given if they want to. freedom is great

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

@ruby456 So a swap meet apostate protest next time? If I’m truly there because i wish to speak out for victims of the cult and their freedom, that’s the only agenda I need to push. I can wait to solicit viewer/reader/followership elsewhere.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

you certainly can thebrokenkite but there are other models - other than rational choice theory - that can work in such situations - examples are reciprocity, trustworthiness and fairness in human interactions as aims.

It looks to me that you are just using one model which is to be rational at such events? leave emotion at home in other words. But in doings so aren't you taking away what is human in this scenario?

although I think that going into a kingdom hall to protest is a no no for me I can at least see that in the kingdom hall part of the protest the protesters acted with great restraint and respect despite that they felt very distressed and emotional.

• Gayle
    Gayle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNhwTtw6GQ

Are the GB responding about this "flash mob" event of apostates!. Trying to "nip it in the bud?" The GB are too late!!

(About 6 min. in)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao! Leave emotion at home...? Like the fools who disrupted a church service and recorded it to be internet heros? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

the lack of self awarness is so thick you could cut it with a sarcastic knife.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If it was me, I'd use one of these...

Image result for jehovahs witness sound cars

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

phone@a

Spike R said 'fix the 2 witness rule, change the blood policy and stop the shunning and he'll go away'
    I'm grateful for these people.

Absolutely. Some seem to forget.....it's not the religion, per sa, that is protested about, and it's not just a religious service that is being disrupted, but an abusive, high control cult with practices that literally take lives. Those 'services' are part and parcel of the indoctrination process.I'm

Imagine if every KH had people stand up and speak the truth. JWs would soon learn no Jehovah is protecting their hall .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit