Are You An Angry Exjw At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I’ve been here for many years. The tone seems to be different in this place. Not so many pissed off exjws . There used to be soooooo many angry people. I don’t think it’s good for you to be that consumed!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Some of us have been here for awhile and there is a resignation to the fact that anger doesn't make for good health. It certainly doesn't change much to just be angry. Action based on reason is far more constructive. I think you may be right Min.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was angry when my JW associates shunned me. Took a few months to forgive them. Still a little angry, that this WT fooled me for a decade.

Nowadays, I have trained myself to engage in thought provoking conversation with any Jws I come across.

May be some day they would think on the points I have mentioned. That is the reason I write on this Forum also

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Partially, because of the lost opportunity but I'm trying to play catchup. ALso because of the situation my parents are in.

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

I haven't left yet but after I woke up I experienced a phase of being angry, intransigent with those who do not leave and almost unable to shut my mouth.

Currently I'm calm and instead of focusing on the things that this organization took away from me or my defective social skills as a result of being in a cult, I focus on the things that weren't affected by that and on my potential to overcome all these obstacles. Also, I've learned to understand and respect everyone's choice, including those who want to stay in.

Keeping in mind what we've been through is important to help other people, but we have to move on.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You have been here a while minimus,16 years is a long time to be an "ex" anything.

Anyway, the question.

No I'm not. If you keep moving forward in your waking up process rage is only a temporary part of it, kind of like the stages of grief. It's not healthy to maintain anger, in fact how angry I get when I run into some JW I know is how I gauge my progress. My goal is neutrality and I'm almost there. Of course, some people, the ones I had more to do with, will trigger more of an emotional reaction than others so it's a work in progress I 'm only human after all, if you prick me do I not bleed....sorry I digress.

I am absolutely still passionate and interested in seeing WT and all controlling religions that interfere with peoples personal rights and decisions undergo serious reform or disappear altogether.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Not angry, relieved. And wishing that relief for all JWs.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

No, not angry. Sure I was deceived but, in a sense, gave them permission to deceive me. I have to assume responsibility for some part of the ordeal. Neither they nor myself knew the Real Truth.

I am grateful that those who knew it was a CULT were able to plant seeds in my head which eventually bore fruit. The seed planting happened early on; the fruitage of proof considerably later. Overall, the experience was eye-opening and stimulated a renewed study of The Word.

Deception is only temporary.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I agree that it’s not good to be angry after so many years of being out of the JW religion and I’m sure that most have moved on....However, that doesn’t mean that something won’t come up that brings back angry thoughts.

In my case, I was criticized for having a full time job that I refused to quit to appease fools and jealous idiots in the Witness religion...I held onto my job and am happily retired.

With all the changes that I have heard about in the religion and them asking for money, I would not be able to control my temper and would tell these hypocrites off if they ever came near me looking for money. It’s just as well that I’m not around them anymore.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Not angry, just glad we were able to escape semi young enough to hopefully be able to retire one day. Loosing hope that we will ever get our family out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit