I don't think we should give up praying ever...

by Singing Man 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Singing Man, At the core of what you are saying I feel is something very, very important. Often times when the word "God" is mentioned it is in reference to a thing or entity separate from us and far away. This is how we are raised, and it usually goes unquestioned. When we hear the word "prayer" we often thing of a petition to God. Some form of request passing from us, out to God. What if there is another way? What if we first let go of our ideas of God, our Source. I mean they are just ideas and beliefs. They are not God. So there is little to lose...except a heavy weight. Without ideas and beliefs that place God in some other place and time, there is no more reason to reach out, but there is reason to be very present here and now. Why? Because here and now is all there is. Do you remember a time when you were other than here and now? If anything meaningful is going to happen, it will happen here, and it will happen now -- guaranteed. With no limiting beliefs about God to hinder us, and with a desire to know God there is nothing to do, but be present and open. No longer reaching out to a God absent, but rather allowing the presence of God to reveal Itself to us and embrace us -- if we are willing. Amazing things can happen when we are present and attentive to the aliveness and beingness within us and around us. It is silent prayer that is very much alive and vibrant. Perhaps communion is a better word. Or union. Or perhaps here, words don't matter anymore.

j

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I agree. We should humble ourselves to a much higher power.

Mr. Kim

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have not given up on praying. I just have not found a way that I am comfortable to do so. But I do feel in my heart that God knows what is in it and is patient with me and merciful while I find my way.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

IT makes one feel better to pray. We know that we are at the mercy of the one driving the plane. God has answered my prayers and praying to him gives me a sense of accpeteance and faith knowing that he is in contral and he will no let me dowm. On the other hand I cannot understand why he allows suffering and am in constant fear of something that can happen to me or a love one because he doesnt gurantee safey, So far evryone ha s died incllusing Jesus. I havent seen anything didderent to put faith in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit