Something different about the memorial invitation

by days of future passed 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

In my understanding campaigns like this serve little more purpose than busy work: they're recruitment drives where Witnesses hardly recruit anyone if anyone at all. They also invite faded or inactive Witnesses to keep alive their hopes their dear son or daughter will survive Armageddon (if they pick back up worshipping and obeying the Governing Body, of course).

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I wondered when I saw the school/auditorium on the front cover, what that was about. My sister thought maybe it would be less intimidating for "worldly" people to attend. It might also mean less trouble parking.

Or, maybe the school is better looking than the kingdom hall.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Can someone please post the actual pics of the memorial invitation?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The traditional Memorial didn't have a Pizza Buffet either or offer a "Red, Rose, White" wine choice.

Looks like the Dubs are getting with the program!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Experience GUILT! SHAME! and later, ANGER!

Come to the Memorial of Christ's Ransom Sacrifice and learn why YOU DON'T QUALIFY!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bad Copy of the (no memorial) memorial invite.

WHAT

WHY

WHENAND

WHERE

A commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ.

To remember what he did in giving his life for us.

See inside for the date, time, and location.

There is no admittance fee,
    and no collections will be taken.

You AreWelcome to Attend!

w

Scan code or visit jw.org to watch the brief video
    Why Did Jesus Die?

(Look under PUBLICATIONS ̨ VIDEOS)

s ̆ 2019 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:

“Keep doing this in

remembrance of me.”

—Luke 22:19.

In connection with this event, a special Bible talk will be given in thousands of locations around the world. The topic, date, time, and location will be:

Reach Out for the Real Life!

FIND THE LOCATION OF
    A PUBLIC MEETING NEAR YOU
    www.jw.org
    (Look under ABOUT US ̨ MEETINGS)

Please join us for the annual commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ. The date, time, and location will be:

Friday, April 19, 2019

FIND A LOCATION NEAR YOU www.jw.org
    (Look under ABOUT US ̨ MEMORIAL)

Scan code for additional locations

The "M" word is nowhere to be seen.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Why Did Jesus Die?

Because God needed another angel.

• snakeface
    snakeface

When I was in the cult I know that some congregations had their memorial at an outside, rented facility such as a school auditorium or a hotel banquet room. This was in cases where, say, 3 congregations shared the hall. For example the North Congregation, the South congregation, and the Spanish Congregation. Each year one would take a turn having theirs offsite.

Or some halls were very small yet the memorial attendance is always so large they need an outside facility.

Either way it's a waste of time. The old ladies would get their hair done and the men would get haircuts, and everyone would dress up. Just to hear the same talk each year and pass around "the elements" that you were not allowed to partake of. All the inactive ones would come out of the woodwork as if showing up for this event would somehow earn God's favor...a way of saying "yes I am still in". People inviting as many as possible just so this year's numbers can be higher than last year's.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Nathan Mayas, I feel welcome already.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

All I could find was this

Image result for Jehovah's witnesses memorial invite 2019

On the invite, the picture is cut off on the left side where the man in the blue vest is. On the right, it is cut off so that you don't see the mother and daughter walking. It is hard to see, but where the lady in the pink shirt is in the middle, there is a stair case going up.

And yes, it doesn't say memorial. My bad. I'm so used to it being a memorial that I didn't even see the change. I wonder how many JW's will recognize that too? Will they be chastised if they keep saying memorial?

There is a tiny tiny picture on the back of the invite, right across from the scan block, of jesus on the stake with the two other evildoers. In the top left corner, there is an arrow like of what you would see if it was a slide show. So they cut and pasted from some other illus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit