BRANCH OVERSEER : "Apostates are GOOD people !"

by Aleph 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aleph
    Aleph

This is quite incredible.
    During his talk, the Branch Overseer, made a special talk dedicated to the apostates.

He clearly emphasis his point, "Apostates used to be between us, really you can talk with apostates, those people are good, of course their point of vue is different than ours now but they are mostly very nice poeple, and you shouldn't be afraid to talk with them."
    Though as usual, the reaction of the brothers was quite the same, impassive, I was very surprise by this statement.
    I cannot assume if this is just a one man step ahead towards the apostates, or really a change in their policies, this came from the mouth of a Branch overseer.
    Of course, for obvious reason, I won't give the name of the brother, which is famous, but only here in an central European country.
    I would have expected him to quote more scriptures, but he didn't, he could have use the one for Jesus himself :
    "You should LOVE your enemies", as apostates were really the "enemies" for the WTBS for such a long time, maybe now that the King of the North is awaken, Apostates are not so bad after all ? Just wondering...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sounds like he might be on his way "out".............

• waton
    waton
    Of course, for obvious reason, I won't give the name of the brother,

How many heard that talk?

• cofty
    cofty

He will have put himself under suspicion by saying that. It would be outstanding if a Branch Overseer was to make a stand against the cult.

• asp59
    asp59
    They are desperate
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Of course, for obvious reason, I won't give the name of the brother, which is famous, but only here in an central European country.

I'm sorry but the reason isn't obvious to me at all. An unnamed 'brother' in an unnamed European country and an uncorroborated report. I hate to say it about another poster but, bullshit. I don't buy this for a second.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It could be a doubter, or it could be a true believer. Sometimes the staunchest of true believers can innocently word things in a way that resembles a skeptic, because their true belief blinds them to the fact that what they say could appear subversive. If someone really, truly believes in Watchtower 100%, then it could make logical sense to make “charitable” comments about apostates because they are lost souls. If he 100% believes in Watchtower then he genuinely doesn’t view apostates as a threat to his own belief, just misguided people.

Most JWs don’t seem to fall into this category, however, because most JWs carry some doubts around with them. And most harbour at least some suspicion that apostates may endanger their faith if given the opportunity, and are therefore not inclined to be charitable or open toward them.

• waton
    waton

B.S. unless he was talking about that 2nd best apostate, Jesus (best Joseph), who split off from the God-established mainstream Jerusalem-based religion, but

Advocated that poor widows contribute their last penny to that moribund setup.

Good to the last drop.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

A recording / proof or this never happened. I can't see him saying that at all how you worded that. Unless he is awoken and on his way out.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Don't buy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit