“Winning the Battle for Your Mind”

by SAHS 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

Another point I should mention:

The Watchtower article, at pg. 30, 1, cites 2 Thessalonians 2:2, where the apostle Paul advises “not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. Right next to that citation, it cites Titus 1:10, where it warns that there are many rebellious men, profitless talkers, and deceivers, especially those who adhere to the circumcision.

The reference in that verse to ‘adhering to circumcision’ certainly reminds me of the Watch Tower Governing Body’s fanatical adherence to their blood transfusion policy – which is another part of the old Jewish Mosaic Law.

Further, at pg. 30, ¶2, the article cites Hebrews 2:15, where Jesus said that he might set free all those who were held in slavery all their lives by their fear of death.

Jesus’ mention of those “held in slavery all their lives by their fear of death” sure makes me think of the constant fear of supposedly sinning against the holy spirit and dying at Armageddon (as has been my virtual death row experience since around puberty, in my early teens). Such morbid “fear” is the very essence of mental “slavery.”

• Moster
    Moster

Wow just.....wow!

The degree of audacity overwhelms the mind. How true too is the fact that most JW's won't see that the GB is telling them they are being mislead - by them, but the RF cannot see what is right in front of them.

"Many of us are being influenced and manipulated – far more than we realize" - by the GB

"Keep in mind that Satan does not want you to think clearly or reason things out well" - read only WT publications

On the other side of the mouth:

"Be determined to stick to Jehovah’s organization and loyally support the leadership he provides"

Sparrowdown - agree wholeheartedly that they know exactly what they are doing!

• longgone
    longgone

One more vote here, they know exactly what they're doing. Despicable frauds.😣

• Half banana
    Half banana

The irony of a description of propaganda from the arch propagandists the JW Org!

And they are right of course in describing it, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. Quote a celebrated intellectual to make out you are on his side and not afraid of argument. Then, descending into classic WT rhetoric, tell them that to listen to others who are outside of the JW org, is to be deceived by Satan.

For you simpletons life is reduced to black and white reasoning. If you only would wake up and listen to your vile hypocrisy! How can anyone expect to learn anything from a teaching organisation which does not believe in a critical analysis of ideas?

Oh! how shallow you are JW Org, how shameful you are in your transparent, self praising and repetitive propaganda. When will you acknowledge that you are not God's channel, that 1914 is a ploy to appear to have had divine attention? Your literature is the most distributed and most meaningless and least read material ever produced in the world history of printing.

Please JW org, come clean and admit it now that you are running a doomsday scam and hurting people with your propaganda lies.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If only, if only Leah Remini would take on the JW/Watchtower next. My word the May program she just did on Scientology on A&E was outstanding.

Such a powerful platform! The lawyer that got a huge settlement from Scientology, and got around the separation of church and state laws by getting a congressman involved. Got the charity commission started in Australia -requiring all religious organizations to provide accounting to the public. It was such a great springboard type of show.

That is one show I can't wait to see this fall. They will be fighting a legal battle against Scientology abuses. It HAS to be making GB sitting up nervously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit