How Would You React if a Snake Started Talking to You?

by RubaDub 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    RubaDub - "How would you react if a snake started talking to you?"

Buy an English/Parseltongue dictionary. Vidiot

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Vid, you a Harry Plopper fan ! never would have guessed.

The JW's desperate attempts to take the Bible as literally as possible make their view of the Bible really very, very silly. Of course the Adam and Eve story is allegorical, and yet, the motive for writing it, or including it in Genesis was also somewhat a way for the writers to explain the parlous state of humanity.

I cannot stand snakes, so would have been off like a rocket before it could have "spoken". " Spoken" in quotes because I don't think a snake has a Larynx does it ? Hence the J.W explanation that "Satan" used it like a ventriloquist would. Of course, the Genesis account does not say it was Satan, he was a much later concept. More wonderful JW exegesis, or rather eisegesis.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I was married to a snake for 25 years

• hoser
    hoser

I musta ate some bad mushrooms

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Hey partner! How about a contract? How many mice will you take to go and sting each of the GB members?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

most bible believers have never really even considered how absolutely absurd this bible tale is! Once you wake up you see a lot of things differently1

just saying!

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

that snake will have to meet it's maker (satan or god) it doesn't matter

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I'd ask it if it was part parrot because its voice sounds silly.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If I'd been manufactured out of a rib a few hours, days, weeks ago, and could only comprehend language spoken by two other entities, a talking snake would seem more like a friend than an aberration, especially one with legs.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I have seen a group of black snakes doing a mating dance. I have had a snake rattle at me and I have had numerous snakes scare the crap out of me. But I have never had one talk to me. In the bible there are two snake stories. The Eve with the talking snake and Moses making a snake come to life from his staff and eating other snakes. Like others I don't like snakes but as soon as they evolve into talking snakes I am leaving this planet. Lol. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit