Online Donations for Conventions

by Funchback 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/online-convention-donations/

May 17, 2017
    WHAT’S NEW

Online Donations for Conventions

Donations to support the annual conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses may now be made online from a number of countries. Individuals who choose to donate can find more information on the page How to Donate to the Worldwide Work.

This makes me wonder if they consider these donations when they announce "We have a deficit".

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This makes me wonder if they consider these donations when they announce "We have a deficit".

They don't make the announcement. Therefore they can't take it into consideration.

• Funchback
    Funchback
    They don't make the announcement. Therefore they can't take it into consideration.

I haven't been to a convention in many years, I admit. Since when are the cost updates not announced?

For example, they announce that the cost for the convention. They usually announce there is a deficit. So, I don't quite know how to interpret your response.

Their own site says:

Donate for Your Regional Convention

Beneficiary of Gift

Large annual conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses are held worldwide. You can donate to the worldwide work on behalf of the convention you attend to help with the expenses incurred.
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

No worries.

They do the 'deficit announcement' at the (circuit) assemblies, not at the (regional/district) conventions.

Looks like the online donation arrangement is just for conventions, not (yet) assemblies.

HEY!

Interesting - just seen that you can now check/confirm WHICH Regional Convention a particular congregation is assigned to by using the online donation facility on jw. org!

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks for edumacating me, darkspliver!!!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Thanks for sending me to the link

Go to the donation page: https://apps.jw.org/E_DONATE

Select a country from pull-down menu

Select the tab for 'My Regional Convention'

Click the button 'Find Convention'

Click on 'Continue without using an account'

Make sure you are on the 'Congregation' tab

Type in the congregation name and click it when it pops up

Convention date/location is now shown.

• Chook
    Chook

I would ask can someone ask GB for the electronic transfer of a few hundred bucks so our family can pay our heating bills and grandma needs some medication, go on to explain that you don't like asking but we have given plenty to the Jw cause in the past. You could even word it as a loan just like they ask for loans and remind them about doing to the least of christs brothers . Your chance of receiving cash is equivalent to being invited to their Wednesday smorgasbord.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hey Chook.

They have a link regarding "conditional donations". I live in Brazil so the address below is in Portuguese.

Conditional Donation Arrangement

Donate to the local office of Jehovah’s Witnesses with the condition that your donation can be returned if needed. For more information, call or write to:

Address
    ASSOCIAÇÃO DAS TESTEMUNHAS CRISTÃS DE JEOVÁ
    Rodovia SP-141 - km 43
    Cesário Lange - SP
    18285-901
    BRAZIL

Telephone
    +55 15 3322-8727

• waton
    waton

It is getting harder for the old timers to go to conventions, particularly to far away places this year, so for these fragile no shows, but hefty contributors, now you can pay without the play- ful sitting in the disabled section.

(old but not computer savvy?) ask a younger cong member to help you web-contribute, and you might even get local recognition through the gossip grapevine!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for showing me one more step they are taking in the very direction they criticized "Christendom" for not so long ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit