Oiuji boards

by got my forty homey? 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mizpah
    mizpah

Instead of Ouija (oui=yes ja=yes) it should be a Nonnein (non=no nien-no) board....

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

i used it onced and i almos poo poo my pants

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I used one for awhile and made a MINT in the stock market!

Then the FTC came and confiscated it.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LOL @ Elsewhere !!

I've never used one myself but many of my friends did and some have some pretty bizarre stories to go along with them. And the stories aren't coming from people who make things up either so it's kinda freaky to me. Because of that, I've never touched one and I don't know if I want to.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I am too freaked out to try one. I have a friend (who's never been a JW) tell me an awful story about messing around with one when she was 12. They all had horrible nightmares and saw black orbs/blobs flying through her house. They had to call in a priest to get rid of them. *shudders*

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

For crying out loud. Objectify. Why would "demons" only announce their presence thru a Milton bradley(Parker Bro..whatever)game? Why is it that demon stories are always anecdotal and not verifiable? Why when the game is all about freaking your friends out by collectively coaxing a shuttle do people get freaked out when it works? Childhood fears, prankster friends, and false memories sell games and religion.

• heianderen
    heianderen

I really would like to know what is behind ouija boards... The explanations that some skeptics have made don't satisfy me. Could be found an naturalistic explanation...

_Heianderen_

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    For crying out loud. Objectify. Why would "demons" only announce their presence thru a Milton bradley(Parker Bro..whatever)game?

Actually peaceful- that is exactly what I've always said. I had this discussion with a couple of good friends not too long ago-one of whom has experienced some strange things with a Ouija board. We were laughing about the thought of "spirits" waiting in some limbo staging area for the next person to get a board so they can come out to talk. "Hey, look- those people over on Elm Street got a board- who's next to go talk to them?" LOL.

In any event, Milton Bradley didn't invent the Ouija board. They basically took the template from the "Talking Board" which dates back to the late 1800's. That conversation among friends prompted me to look into it further.

I still don't know what I think about it all but it's interesting to see where it all came from.

Here's a link for some further information:

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ouija boards aren't real at all. The movement of the pointer is due to ideomotor action.

I never understood the concept that demons can't mess with you unless you start playing with specific objects like ouija boards.

• rem
    rem

Ouija boards aren't real at all.
    Sure they are! You can even buy them online. =p

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000524NJ/qid=1070257648/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/104-4013832-1992703?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

rem, not scared of ouija boards, surf boards, or ironing boards... ok, ironing boards do scare me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit