All or Nothing: The Slippery Slope of Watchtower Morality

by Londo111 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks, Millie210.

I recall one time a young adult woman, a pioneer, was living with my family. In the early morning, I went to go to the bathroom, but it was occupied by this pioneer taking a shower. In kneeling in front of the closed door was a relative, an elder. I can't prove that this elder was attempting to look through the crack of the door to catch a glimpse of her coming out the shower, but it really is what it looked like to me. I can think of no other explanation.

Now I'm the same age as the relative. I realize that I would never do anything of the sort. It's entirely wrong. Of course, it is not that I'm "superior", but I've the same innate conscience that most people have, and an ounce of maturity. I have a natural aversion of being voyeuristic like that...it's wrong.

I'm sure the relative realized what he was doing was wrong, but the slippery slope of Watchtower Morality warping effect on people under its influence.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Considering all the highly unethical things the Org has been responsible for over the years, "Watchtower Morality" isn't so much a "slippery slope" as it is a "gobsmacking oxymoron".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit