Were There ANY Advantages To Being a Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

...didn't have to buy any Christmas presents......

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

How about invaluable training in the janitorial arts?

• minimus
    minimus

More plusses-----getting out early from school because of "worldly" parties or holidays, elders get to park in the hospital area designated "CLERGY", being able to "marry" someone because you're a minister......ANY MORE?????

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

On a serious note.

As a child victim of abuse who had been severely neglected and abandoned by just about everyone I think I was on the road to being promiscuous. I was so needy and felt so unloved that I think eventually I would have sought out some caring by trying to buy it with sex.

Becoming a JW at a young age definitely kept me away from a life that I might have seriously regretted later on.

• blondie
    blondie

I have to admit that being a JW kept me from killing my parents but then being a Quaker would have been the same protection. I know that may sound melodramatic. Sometimes when I look back it seems like someone else's life.

I should have gotten out though when I was 18. Shudda, cudda, wudda...

No divorce..ooops JWs get divorced (with the nasty "scriptural divorce" clause, and custody of children for the sake of the "eternal welfaire")

No adultery...oooops number one reason for DF'ing

No child molestation....ooops, child molestors are protected by WTS policies

No wife beating...oops, just teaching the wife a little submission

No lying...oops, lying is encouraged, only not to those "entitled to know the truth"

Loyalty to friends...ooops

You get my picture

Blondie

• micheal
    micheal

Very easy to meet friends acquantices.

• little witch
    little witch

Nope, not a one.

• Valis
    Valis

Just learning to read at an early age i think. The rest can go in the garbage can..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I learned to read early as well.

There was a certain sense of pride in being so different, so I'm not scared to be different now - though not like the WT wishes I was!

CZAR

• 68storm
    68storm

Its almost as if you have pms Minimus. (is that the right word for reading my mind).

I was just talking to Mouthy this afternoon (wanted to know if she was feeling better) and we were discussing my son's addiction. He has stolen a lot of money from me and I kicked his butt out the door. The cops have a warrent for his arrest.

Of course, I have no contact with him but his jw mother does. She believes that she is going to help him, not by getting him help with his addiction, but by her preachimg to him. She has told him that the only solution for him would be coming to Jehovah.

I truly believe that he would be better off remaining addicted (with the hope that he will hit bottom and get help) than to become a jw. Being a jw will slowly kill you, only it is much more gruesome.

68storm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit