From reddit...How old were you when you became a publisher?

by Biahi 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was six, not given any choice. I remember being in the old KH, and my dad told me the brothers wanted to talk to me in the back...I was terrified. I actually thought they knew I didn’t want to be a dub, my dad told them to just add me as a publisher, so no back room meeting. No choice, had no real idea what was going on, just a scared little girl. Omg, this cult is abusive.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

12-13ish. I got told if I didn’t go D2D I would be removed from the mikes. As a pre teen I really enjoyed doing the mikes, as it gave me a sense of importance. I didn’t want to be looked down upon by my parents and relatives. That been said, the thought of going D2D and bumping into my school friends terrified me. Looking back there was a lot of things that influenced my decision, sadly serving God wasn’t one of them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I was 5. My mother had a return visit (back call) on her magazine route who was an older nice lady and she had me present the magazines to the woman.
  • Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I was 17. My folks bounced around a lot when I was growing up. Dad was never a JW, but mom became one when I was quite young, and half of the time she was inactive, and the other half she was all zealous for it.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I gave my first door to door sermon (remember the old sermon outlines?) at age 5.

My first talk was at age 7.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

10 years old. I was really into it!! After going through the PARADISE LOST, PARADISE REGAINED book with my parents , I became a real believer!

• JeffT
    JeffT

22. I was a convert.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I wish I'd been 100 when I became a publisher.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I was 9. My first bible reading was Mark 1: 1-15 which i practiced so much even today I can quote it word per word sadly.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Young....Too young. I don't want to say exactly because people have been "outed" for giving personal information.

What did I know? Only what I was told.

Back in those days there was not a formal process , but you had to be able to say something to the householders. I used to offer the 2 magazines for 10 old pence . We asked for money in those days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit