Three reasons why I may have to back.

by Crazyguy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I look back over the last two years of my life with all the experiences I have read about here and other places and these are three experiences that stand out to me. Recently in another post a girl relates her experience of being in the borg and her mom literally threw her away by giving her over to the state after she accused an elder of groping her. Two; I met the man that wrote the insight books for the Borg and even though he was at the time the brians of the borgs doctines when he faded his family , brother and his kids are shunning him. Last but not least I ran into a co-worker a week ago and he was recruited in to another fundamentalist Christian church a few years ago from an eastern European country. He then was talked into moving to the U.S. . He then was lied to by the leader of the church and defrauded. Even though his kids know exactly what he went through and how hypocritical the church leader is they still decided to stay in the church and shun thier father and mother.

Its painfully clear that when people give over thier beliefs to a higher power thier ability to think rationally goes out the door. It doesn't seem to even matter how wacky the beliefs are or not. Just thinking about the girls experience of having her mother throw her away her only daughter and choosing the cult over her it's painfully obvious. I don't believe there's away to get my family out of the cult from the outside. In the outside you don't matter. I had one of my kids even say this to me. My wife and I don't have a relationship anymore so that's hopeless too. It seem to me that until a person feels victimised by the cult there no hope of waking them up.

I am thinking that the only Choice I have is to go back get in in thier good graces then start planting seeds , educate them about the bible through family worship night and try to push a more balanced aproach to life and the cult. I just don't know if I have any other option anymore.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Or... Live your life to the fullest degree that you choose. Find what makes you happy and do it.

If family is happy where they are, let them be happy.

Make sure they know they have your support. Then, when the contradictions and injustices of the organization hit each one personally, you may be the first to know.

Just a thought.

-Aude.

• zeb
    zeb
    As many have said live a life full and contented as best you can. Its a good thing itself and the most useful way you can show them up for what they are; that they don't have any monopoly on happiness.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30
    Why do you feel YOU have to make such a sacrifice in order to 'help' your family? It doesnt seem as if they are making any compromises on your behalf...
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Why compromise your integrity for some imaginary potential to change them from within?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Im sorry crazy guy. I know its painful and shitty. I really feel for you. And don't let people criticize you top much. No two people are going to have a same exit. We all have to play the hand we are dealt. I'll always be here for support for you more matter what you choose. Of course we would all like to see everyone break away clean but its more complicated sometimes. I really wish it worked out better for you. Hang in there.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Do what you got to do man. I'm still stuck in. Still serving. It's been a long road so far and will be still ahead for many of us.

I've been thinking more and more about their child abuse policies. Since people are more motivated to take action by emotion, I think a well-thought out discussion about this subject may be the best way to open people's eyes.

Why doesnt the org alert the authorities about the child molesters in the congregation? If the priority was to do what is right in the eyes of God, what would be the right thing to do here? Isn't it obvious to anyone with a soul that the right thing to do would be to love your neighbor and protect the children. Shouldn't they care about all the potential victims of this perpetrator? Shouldn't that man be on a sex offender list so the community is protected?

It's for some business reason that they keep it hush hush. Business is thus put above the welfare of children - both inside and outside the congregation. Business is put above doing what is right. Would God ever direct an organization to to value business over babies? Hell no.

I wish that you could show your wife that the org values their religion business over her children.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Hang in there. You can pm me anytime.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I met the man that wrote the insight books for the Borg"

And who was that supposed to be?

• oppostate
    oppostate

"I met the man that wrote the insight books for the Borg"
    And who was that supposed to be?

The Insight books (a two volume set) were a revision of the Aid book. Ray Franz, Ed Dunlap and others worked on that first WT encyclopedic book of the Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Franz#Watch_Tower_career

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Riegnhart , probably didn't spell his name right but he was tasked to write the insight books as a replacement for the Aid book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit