Jw's go to the door of a biblical scholar to preach the Bible.

by paradisebeauty 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

This is interesting, jw's go to the door of a biblical scholar, a professor in theology I believe, and he invites them in and records the whole conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPo43BgdBM

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

He makes some very good points that they of course don't get. The leaders of the cult have taken away from the rank and file their salvation as a gift, their new covenant and their Christianity. They in fact, are not Christians and not even alien residents in the new covenant. They are just chattel wondering about hoping arrogantly to get into the kingdom, yet they do nothing that christ's says to do to get into the kingdom. I was pissed to find this out when I was waking up and becoming what I would call a true Christian. If you are still bible believers you should really look into this because the Org. has it all wrong.

One last but very important point that he in all his education does not know. In Revelations 5:9-10 in the original Greek it does not say they will rule as kings but reign as priests only (the word reign is also significant and should be looked at), and for still in JW's the verse also says on the earth in the original Greek not over the earth. So they will reign as priests on the earth, is the original Greek. This is a throw back to the original verse in the book of Duet, I believe, where it says they (Israel) will be a kingdom of priests a royal nation.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

WOW!

By the way - JW's (including me then) have like 4 go to scriptures and that it.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    I don't get his argumentation regarding "he ascended " etc etc Also these hen-pick arguments really get no one no-where -= odious and tedious
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the black guy made a complete ass of himself by speaking about not everything written should be taken as figurative! fool. He was playing with them and exposed their basic knowledge as being poor and flawed, quite pathetic really, I like the part when he expressed that he wished that they would be much more "scholarly" not much chance of that happening, towards the end it was a " who can flick to the scripture the quickest race" in which the jw's were very easily losing.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I thought Sir Anthony Buzzard was a Unitarian? Not a typical Bible scholar.
  • freeman
    freeman

I love this video.

Sir Anthony Buzzard is indeed the real thing, that is to say a genuine scholar. By all measures he appears to be the the real thing in his life, a caring person trying to do good, walking the walk as they say.

That said, he is also a man that is gravely ill, he was infected with a dreadful disease some time ago and it plagues him to this very day. The disease he suffers from is Adventist syndrome.

Yes he is steeped in the very same traditions and thought patterns of Charles Taz Russel. If I remember correctly he is a product of Adventist offshoot Herbert W. Armstrong. As an aside, Armstrong is so similar to the jws on a number of issues that many JWs mistakenly think he was a JW at one time, he wasn't but has his roots in the same Adventist / Christadelphian (sp) movement as Russel.

I myself was a zealous anti Trinitarian at one time, I would hunt down born-again type people and pride myself in being able to twist them into pretzels.

However, I am not now in that camp, and for the simple reason that in trying to disprove the trinity from a Biblical Greek-centric basis I remarkably discovered the enemy was correct. The Bible does in fact teach all if not most the elements supporting for lack of a better phrase, the trinity.

Greek is a precise language, unlike English there is no ambiguity. It took me 4 and ½ years to learn the rudiments of Koine Greek which NT scripture and the OT (Lxx) is written in and I was forced to completely do an about face and admit I was completely wrong. When you read it in the Greek, and you are willing to let the language speak for itself without injecting your own leanings and prejudices such as Anthony Buzzard does, you come away with a number of interesting things that bolster the trinitarian position.

Here are just 2 of the gems you uncover when you look at it with fresh eyes as I did for the first time:

There are at least two persons that existed before time even began. John 1:1

In the beginning the Word was. In the Greek en arche en ho logos it is saying that before time began, already existing was the Word. Never mind the God, “a god” nonsense of the witnesses, the Word who they openly acknowledge is the pre-human Jesus, has no beginning, lives in eternity, before time even began. So much for Michael the archangel a creation with a beginning.

Another gem is found in Titus 2:13 where Jesus is called our great God and Savior. Again the Greek is very clear Jesus is call our Great God “megalou theou and it also says he is our Savior.

Once again in 2 Peter 1:1 it is even stronger support of the so-called trinitarian position. It says: God of us and Saviour of us Jesus Christ ( theou hemon kai soteros hemon iesou christou ) Again the Greek language is very precise, the construct of the two nouns, the first which has a form of the definite article with the copulative kai between them and then the lack of the definite article before the second noun in question and all sharing the same case ( genitive / masculine ) and being singular all point to the to the same referent, namely that Jesus is the God of us and the Savior of us.

Again I'm not saying you have to believe in God or Jesus, that is up to you.

I know for many the bible is nothing more then fairy-tales, and that's fine, but regardless of your beliefs or lack of in the bible, this is linguistic science we are dealing with, and this is precisely what the Greek says, of this I am absolutely sure.

Much to my amazement, my former foes had at least this correct according to what is written in scripture, and yes even the dreaded Catholic theologians got this right too, wow can't believe I just said that.

All that said, Anthony Buzzard is so invested in a Unitarian viewpoint at all costs that this sincere, bright and genuinely good man is incapable of letting his vastly superior training (compared to me for example) in Koine Greek override his cognitive dissonance and infection of Adventist syndrome.

But it can be done. I was able to shed myself of this affliction but I am so very very sad for him that despite he superior acumen in Greek, he is unable to let his training override his investment in a strongly held belief as I did.

Freeman

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Priceless!!!!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jw's go to the door of a biblical scholar to preach the Bible.

..........Biblical Scholar.............................................................................Jehovahs Witness..

Image result for professorImage result for Bible......Image result for deer in the headlights gif

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Jw's go to the door of a biblical scholar to preach the Bible.**

.....AND GET THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit