Would You Be Afraid To Visit The Dominican Republic?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of bad things are happening there lately. People on vacation are mysteriously dying or getting violently ill. I’ve been there three times in the past. The first time it was great! The second, ok. Third was terrible. Beautiful resort but I was sick for the entire week. Cleanliness and proper food preparation was lacking to say the least.

• recluse
    recluse

i will not go there. mainly because of whats happening, but partly because i hate flying

• minimus
    minimus

Ok recluse

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was leery about visiting the Dominican Republic before any of this latest stuff happened.
    So yeah!!!!

• tiki
    tiki

Not on my bucket list...

• minimus
    minimus

Don’t drink from the minibar

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being a poor world country its health and safety standards are not on the same level as what you would find in rich modernized countries .

The people who lived there from birth have built up an immunity to those bacterium that have been there for a long time.

So water and food consumption could pose a problem for people not used to those kind of living conditions.

Violence is another factor, where seemingly rich affluent visitors might be looked upon as targets for theft and violence.

There other places in the Caribbean that are probably a better choice but of course they cost more.

• minimus
    minimus

Too bad... it’s a pretty country but not worth dying for

• LV101
    LV101
    Yes - I'm worried about California or having to be too close to LA much less the DR.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

As Min mentioned, no minibar for me.

From what I saw on the news, the minibars don't have sealed little bottles of booze that we would normally expect. Instead, you see the big bottles and press a lever to dispense it (similar concept to what they use at airports). What they fill those bottles with is anyone's guess.

Those all you can drink places (even here in the USA) always make me suspicious about what they refill bottles with.

I would certainly go to the DR but would stick with DR bottled beer. I often buy DR beer here, Presidente.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit