The Hailstone Message :2018 Assembly

by jwdoctrine 22 Replies latest jw friends

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I'm curious about how they are picking these speakers. This guy does gestures like he's never done them in his life.

When I looked at the bible without the WT glasses, I realized that JW's spreading the Good News, was in contrast to what the bible said.

And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the eternal Good News to proclaim to the people who belong to this world--to every nation, tribe, language, and people.

So they are wasting their time cause an angel has already been assigned to do that. Not that I believe the bible anymore.

I was also disappointed with the bait and switch approach with the convention vid. I wanted to see a JW marching around declaring everyone is going to die - too late for you! But we will never get one from the WT. I wish I had the ability to make vids. I'd have Tony listening to the talk and imagining giant hailstones crushing buildings and people and then you see it hit an ice cream truck. Then he'd jump up and shout "No not the Ice Cream" and then everyone would be staring at him for a few seconds until he gave a weak smile and waved as he sat back down.

Perfect for Monty Python.

• zeb
    zeb

I have held a fear of this. That the wt will convince enough of the r&f that such a message of imminent condemnation by god will be necessary to rouse people to gods side.

What it will do is rouse the people against the jw and then they can scream from the roof tops 'persecution persecution..'' look the nations are against us..' and 'get off the fence people this time (!) this is it..'

and if this campaign of hysteria is successful then the governments will turn on the wt thus making a self fulfilling prophecy and a whole lot of fear, property confiscation imprisonment happen to the families of the jw....

for nothing.

cant you see just how much the gb would love this?

It would possibly be done when the world is in a tough spot eg depression or some bug outbreak..

I recall an elder saying that this (type of message) might be necessary but hell knows what he was thinking.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Am I getting the feeling some of you don't trust the bible?

Are you telling me you don't think the account where a doney talks to a man is real?

Never let it be so brothers :)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The hailstone story is another naturally occurring phenomenon that appears in the bible to scare the sh*t out of people IMHO!

just saying!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What got me about that dramatization is that the householder made a direct threat to them. The woman should have said "That sounds like a threat" turning to the other woman "Didn't that sound like a threat to you?" Then she should have pulled out her phone and said "I'm calling 911 to report a criminal threat".

Or she should have said "I'll send someone back who will eat up your dog. Not everyone is afraid of him."

Jesus was creative in his responses. These dramatizations were lacking in creativity.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Am I getting the feeling some of you don't trust the bible?

Are you telling me you don't think the account where a doney talks to a man is real?"

I don't know. I wasn't there. I can't say it didn't happen. Were you there?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Are you telling me you don't think the account where a doney talks to a man is real?"

That one annointed donkey should have been inspired and filled with holy spirit.

• steve2
    steve2

An anointed donkey is a stubborn class of domestic animal if ever there were one. It’s ruling with Christ to crush all nonJWs or it’s nothing at all.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the 1970`s if I remember correctly their was a worldwide campaign of delivering "Special Brochures" out to the public and you were not to engage with the public in conversations , the emphasis was to get to as many people as possible in your territory during the campaign.

I believe their was speculation that their would be seven such "Special Brochures" that were to be announced with the final ones being the hard hitting Judgement / condemnation on the people .

Of course no such thing ever eventuated after the few " Special Brochures" were released and the Bros & sisters were diligently placing them as though the end was nigh .

They were likening it to the 7 times the Jews marched around the walls of Jericho and the walls came down ?

Anybody else remember those times ?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Rattigan - yea I was there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit