Jehovah Witnesses:Canaries in the coal mine.

by Still Totally ADD 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

On Oct. 15 Jamestown NY will be having what I call a pretty large 3 day event on Jehovah Witnesses Canaries in the coal mine of human rights:Seventy five years after West Virginia vs. Barnett. This was the Supreme court case on the pledge of the allegiance which the wt. won. It will be taking place at the Robert H. Jackson Center in Jamestown. Justice Jackson was homegrown in this town. If that was not big enough Philip Brumley who is general counsel for the wt. will be giving a lecture during this event followed by a round table conversation with Marie Barnett Snodgrass and Louise Blanton about their experience during the 1930's and 1940's. Finally there will be a 15 min. Play called "The faithful do not yield".

The center holds about 300 people. I can see every jw in this area will be there. To me it seems to be a big propaganda fest for the borg. After all why would a lawyer for the borg and the two women who were pawns in this case be here for this event? All I can say is how do we get the word out on this cult and the sex abuse cases taking place. I feel I can't do this alone. So I am asking for help or ideas on what to do. Thank you for your help. Still Totally ADD

• former2free
    former2free

Hey dad I have an idea. If you can find out a way to get in touch with the prosecution lawyers and direct them to really look at jwfacts.com it might help those lawyers to see a new angle on how destructive this cult is and they may have ways to redirect the proceedings.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What are they recreating the court case?? Is this a JW production of who exactly is putting this on?? The point is not CSA but the fact that witnesses DO NOT HAVE THEIR OWN FREEDOM OF CONSCIENCE. They do what they are ordered or they are shunned. Talking about human rights and watchtower in the same breadth is ludicrous, isn't it?

I'm in the UK but you could post something on Reddit, let the VAA know, JW survey lot etc. We really need a central exjw website where everyone can post notices....Christian exjws, athiest EXJW, cedars witnesses, JW dot net alt right , jwdotnet libtards, VAA + Mikekim conspiracy theorists etc etc, JW podcast JW community podcast JW community abcdefg podcast....phew. anyway u get what I mean.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So its an event conducted and controlled by Jehovah`s Witnesses for JW`s right ? Authorised by the WTB&TS ?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

smiddy3 I don't think so. Justice Robert Jackson is a home grown hero for this town. There is a building called Robert H. Jackson Center in his honor. They have all kinds of events there every year. I think because it has been 75 years since the Supreme court ruled on the right not to salute the flag and Justice Jackson case a deciding vote on this case this event came about. But to have a wt. lawyer and the 2 women who were part of it as children here for this event, to me and I don't know if this true smells of a proporganda event for the borg. There are 4 congregations in this town plus many others that are a short drive to Jamestown. My question is should I just sit on my thumbs while this event takes place or have a organised protest outside the building? I feel this event will be pack with jw's so what an be done? Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Diogenesister good questions and I don't know. I agree with you on jw's do not have the right of conscience. The other suggestions you gave is worth looing at. Thanks.

Son I Don't think he would listen for he is also part of the borg. I am sure there will be a big article on this event in the local newspaper. This may be my opportunity to write a rebuttal and bring out the JW facts site. Still Totally ADD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am sure there will be a big article on this event in the local newspaper.

Letters to the Editor might garner some attention.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

DOC I agree. Still Totally ADD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I actually think "canaries in the coal mine" is a pretty apt description for almost all JWs back in Rutherford's day, but it was pretty cynical and calculating.

Rank-and-filers would get deliberately sent out to do missionary work in problematic areas, specifically to provoke a negative response, which the WT lawyers would then react Legally to...

...essentially using flesh-and-blood people as pawns to advance the Org's agenda, whilst reinforcing the fallacy that said pawns were actually "suffering for righteousness' sake".

On top of that, the WTS would still only pick fights they were certain they'd win, to (among other things) make said pawns think that God was rewarding them for said "suffering".

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• betterdaze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit