Add your Stupid title of Winess books that did not come true

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

"the truth shall make you free, 1943"

Yes, the truth certainly did make us free! This one was correct!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them". - Luke 21:8

"The time is at hand" Published by Charles Taze Russell 1889

Known throughout the world at the turn of the century as "Pastor"... Charles Taze Russell was an author, lecturer and minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on February 16, 1852. His authorship of the series, Studies in the Scriptures, included The Divine Plan of the Ages, The Time is At Hand, Thy Kingdom Come, The Battle of Armageddon, The Atonement Between God and Man, The New Creation, plus many others.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Not exactly a book, but in 1935 there was the 64 page booklet called "Universal War Near".

It opened with the words, "Great events have heretofore come to pass which involved many nations. In the very near future a far greater event will come to pass and which will involve the entire universe. The war of 1914 was the greatest war up to that time. The universal war that is near will be far more stupendous, and only a few persons, comparatively, will survive."
  • talesin
    talesin

The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

(but I still love the dinosaur LOL)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"My Book of (graphic violent) Bible stories." 1981 to give your kids nightmares.

Clearly written by an old man at Bethel this treasure for kids contains classic images like people drowning, getting spiked thru the temple, rape, genocide and torture. Everything a child needs to become a alcoholic serial killer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "Happiness - How To Find It" ....(published 1980 with a distinctive gold cover)
  • talesin
    talesin
    "My Book of (graphic violent) Bible stories." 1981 to give your kids nightmares.

Witness 007, I left the KH in 1976, and have never seen that book. I've read a lot of folks' stories about the horrific pics. It's time I found it online and took a look That book has traumatized a lot of X-Gen kids, damn the WTS!

For me, and maybe others of my generation, it was the stories of torture in Malawi and Auschwitz - we all lived our own personal horrors.

I hope you sleep well now. xx tal

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The Young People Ask article that never was:

Revelation; How NOT to Grand Climax in Your Hand.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Do not choose higher education. The New System is near enough that you will not get old or get any use for a profession. (Awake 1969?)

DY

• talesin
    talesin
    Do not choose higher education. The New System is near enough that you will not get old or get any use for a profession. (Awake 1969?)
    DY

I remember that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit