1974 Special Meetings

by NeonMadman 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• macys
    macys
    This is great stuff! Thank you! I need to anonymously send this to my parents in an email and ask then what they think about that!
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Reading the 2 letters reminds me of how far downhill the writing has gone in the 40+ years since they were written.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember the sentiment at the time. I was a 10 year old kid and terrified by what was being said at the meetings and everyones' somberness at how we were all going to be persecuted just like the brothers in Nazi Germany. experiences would be read out of the 1974 yearbook on what the JW's went through, the beatings, starvings, hangings and tortures......Paintedtoenail

..................................Image result for been there done that got the tshirt

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It bares well to keep in mind that 1975 was a (6000 years) calculated and proclaimed year as a fostering lie to support 1914, which was another lie in itself as well to support the "This Generation" doctrine.

Expressively endeavored to heighten public interest to the literature the WTS. published and toward the furthering distribution of that literature by devoted JWS.

The WTS leaders or executive directors of this religious publishing house were not academically trained bible theologians but they were positioned head directors of their own publishing house and they had the responsibility to write articles that would support the proliferation of those published goods. Interrelated to that responsibility they were also endeavored to self express their own perception of acquired power and control around themselves as god's exclusive chosen ones.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I wasn't around then, but I recall my mother telling a story about some Jdubs that were friends of our family, who decided to sell their house and live off that money while they waited for the end to come in 1975.

Incredibly even after that colossal failure, they continued to believe in the bOrg after the fact.

• Zyron
    Zyron

I remember those days well. We had a DO whose favourite catch phrase was, 'you won't leave school, school will leave you'. I was in my mid teens at the time.

In those days you had a special meeting with the CO on Saturday evening. One CO brought his count down chart to 1975 with him and referred to it during the talk.

It was the DOs and COs that really hammered home the 1975 day of reckoning to the congregations back then. It didn't happen. My friends' grandchildren are now going to school. Alot of witnesses in their 50s and 60s have very selective memories and deny anything about the end arriving in 1975.

I started to increase my doubts with the generation change in the mid 1990s, and then realised the whole thing was like a brand new car with a rusty burnt out engine with the release of the overlapping doctrine. I thought even the speaker at the assembly, who had the misfortune to present the overlapping doctrine, had difficulty believing as he stumbled trying to explain it.

On a side note, in the UK we had our special internet broadcast meeting over the weekend. Surprisingly, there was little talk about the END and how close we are to it. The emphasis was on being a better and kinder person.

The shocker was the refreshments served at the end of the meeting ( in the Kingdom Hall) which made the whole event a feel like a bit of a reception. If every meeting was like that it would be enough to make me a regular attendee. Not really.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Zyron just in case you didn't know the WTS had used the fictitious 6000 years of mankind's existence doctrine / marketing scam twice before the 1970's in making up 1975.

Once by C T Russell in the early 1900's and then again by F Franz in 1941 and then he was behind and involved in using it in the early 1970's.

The corruption of the WTS is there, you just have dig into its past by reading its past pieces of literature.

That is why it's correct to say the WTS is a fear mongering commercialized publishing cult.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for bumping this thread!

Those letters are invaluable!

1974...SO CLOSE.......(hmmm)

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Zyron, yes the COs and DOs rammed this home remorseless, were are THEY now? Dead or elderly with no promises delivered or on the horizon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit