New Book About Jehovah’s Witnesses Starts Creating a Buzz in The JW and Ex JW Community

by GodZoo 23 Replies latest social current

• Sabin
    Sabin

Has anyone read the book? & would they like to make a comment?

I haven't so I will reserve my judgment, don't want to throw stones then discover I'm standing in a greenhouse.

• Virran
    Virran
    I just found it on iBooks and bought it, only $2.99. It's gonna be interesting to read.
  • steve2
    steve2

Has anyone read the book? & would they like to make a comment?

I haven't so I will reserve my judgment, don't want to throw stones then discover I'm standing in a greenhouse.

I have read published excerpts - which I have commented about specifically, acknowledging they were excerpts.

My posts in this thread have centred around the book's promotion, the sensationalist claims in particular ("Finally all is revealed...etc) and its hackneyed use of language ("Creating a buzz in the JW and ex-JW community").

But you make a valid point: I reserve judgement about the content of the book and its authorship until I've read it in its entirety (although, to be fair, if I find the taste of a cake off-putting, I may not go for more than perhaps one slice - so I have to weigh up whether I want to part with my hard-earned cash to get a copy).

I too would be interested in the views of those on this forum who have read the book.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    But you make a valid point: I reserve judgement about the content of the book and its authorship until I've read it in its entirety.

No I'll make a call from just the cover (looks like a Dummies guide to child abuse), the advertising slogan (the buzz is overwhelming), what I've read on this thread and the fact that its 68 pages from cover to cover (according to Barnes and Noble).

This book is shit at its exceptional best.

That it may be on the NY Times best seller list? I dunno perhaps its a pop-up book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit