Digital Billboards and Anti Witnessing.

by SnakesInTheTower 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I could see it if it was on the primary drive to the Dist Conv's in an area.

Why does "The Truth" have so many changes?

Was the "Old Truth" always a LIE?

Go to: jwfacts.org

Image result for four generations

FOUR GENERATIONS?

Or, ONE Overlapping Generation

Go to: jwfacts.org

• steve2
    steve2

JW organization has succeeded in convincing the rank and file that being a JW is noteworthy - even to the world. The universe turns on JWs this and JWs that which burnishes in JWs minds how central they are to fulfilment of prophecy and their place of importance in the world.

Unfortunately, it is more common than not, that when people leave JW organization, many of them even at an unconscious level continue to "see" JW organization as (negatively) important in the divine scheme of things.

The reality is that JW organization is an incredibly tiny and irrelevant organization to almost everyone alive on this planet, save a few million who have been born into or come into contact with it in some way. To the remainder of earth's population of several billion, JW organization doesn't get a moment's notice, along with all the other secondary size religious groups.

Why would you waste money on a billboard - digital or otherwise - that would be of zero interest to most people passing by? By contrast, internet forums and groups are ideally suited in that their outreach is specifically suited to those who come from a JW background or whose interest is in this type of high-control group.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Tough to justify the expense of paying for a billboard when the message would only be intended for less than 1% of people driving by.

On the other hand, it would be somewhat comical to see what would happen if there was an anti-JW billboard in NY between the highway exit ramp and the entrance to the Warwick campus. Hundreds (maybe more) of JWs driving by that one every single day-- tour buses, visiting families, Bethelites commuting, etc.

Something non-confrontational, simple, and direct:

"It's time to discover the truth about 'The Truth'

jwfacts.com" (putting the logo in the blue (jw.borg) box style, of course)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I threw this out there just as a mental exercise, see what kind of input I would get.

Yes, the only ones who care would be the dubs, so a simple message pointing to a site such as jwfacts.

No, it is surprisingly inexpensive. $10 US buys over 200 imprints, depending on time of day. Each imprint last only a few seconds each, so it can't be wordy.

I would target two boards on two major interstates in the area leading to the convention site, targeting 730-930 am Friday morning and an hour or so after the session, maybe with a reference to the days theme but with a twist.

If WT got wind, maybe they would waste a LOT of money buying all the ad time...ha.

Anyway. Look up the site or similar in your area. Might be fun just to play with.

Snakes

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I wouldn't waste my money if it were expensive, but it's not.

Snakes

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

When I was driving home, I saw a billboard advertising playing the slot machines. I thought "that is one of things you can count on in humans - the desire to take a chance to win." Putting up information on the billboard, is like that too in my opinion. A chance to "win" by freeing someone from the WT.

I don't think it's a bad thing to do. You never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit