Did You Ever Tell An Elder Off??? How Did It Feel???

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

When they were doing their little "shepherding" earlier this year and knocked on my door to the surprise of my wife I actually told them both to just go away. She was less than hapy about that for a long time and for a few months I got a little bit of ribbing about it from both her and her JW relatives.

• fran
    fran

Hi again,

THE ELDERS,......theENLIGHTENED ONES......????no absolutely not.not in my experience anyway,about as much good asa chocolate tea pot........I know some lovely brothers/sisters,who really love God and want to do what is right.....Some Elders are sincere,but are not experienced,or lack empathy.....I am out of the JWS now,while i was IN would not talk now I do.I joined JWS in 1979,I looked up to the Elders and respected them.some years down the line however,the rose coloured glasses came off.I know of so many awful stories about Elders.....

Sisters would tell me of visits to their homes,for shepharding calls.I have since learned more from exelders,of events that took place.Here in my town,one sister took on the KH and they got her arrested for harrassment.her crime?shouting,challenging,speaking out,(she was very emotional and distressed).another elderly lady who was talking to 'apostates'was visited by the Elders and they told her her phone was bugged.Another brother years ago was counselled by Elders for reading 'apostate'info,all his family were JWS.he ended up in a mental hospital,still suffers from depression....Another young girl aged 28,spoke up to an Elder in the chemist shop one day,told the Elder off,and he whispered in her ear,(Why don't you call the police then).He is about 6ft 4in she is 5ft2in.

He went home and called the police to her,she lives with her Mother exJW and grandmother who is ill,This did not deter them,closing ranks is something they do also lie,i know all these people i have mentioned.don't let them scare you.I was scared for so long...but not now.ecclesiastical privalages.do not allow for anything else.(oh and also some tell their wives what goes on,what should be confidential)

they are just men wielding power and influence over people's lives,...dont let them worry you.

Fran

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

when I first got my concealed weapons lic. and norm g. and elder found out. he called a meeting to talk to me about the wrongs of having a firearm especially on a trip. He told me that he would not travel with me if I carried. I told him that since I have never associated with him before I would not be loosing much. and that I would rather have a gun in my hand if needed than his hand. I also once got so up set at and I will use the name. tim schmidt of arcadia cong. a real kiss ass elder for power. he really screwed me around lied to the other elders and slandered me in every way possible. I bought a flat based dildo made of silicone and during thrusday meeting I superglued it to the hood of his car. I did not see it but a buddy of mine said it was the funniest thing that he had ever seen tim pulling on the dildo and it pulled the paint off the hood. I can imagin to this day schmidt pulling on a dildo in his suit outside of the hall.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I never actually told an elder off because I had the submission thing deeply rooted. I did however make my opinions known through my husband (now-ex) He was pretty good at letting relaying the messages and through other witness "friends".

The statement that got me disfellowshipped was my opionion of a particular elder. I told a friend "I won't bow down and worship any man". I imagine that was a blow to his ego.

• minimus
    minimus

Kilroy, remind me never to piss you off! ....a dido superglued on his hood, huh?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    BTW, it is possible to tell an elder off respectfully, without swear words and raising your voice. Jesus told off the Pharisees using the scriptures. They said he was wrong, just wrong for pointing our their errors.

That's the best way to do it imo. If they treat you more disrespectfully in return it only proves your point all the more so. I've always thought running intellectual circles around someone was the best way to go about it.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Oh yes; and I am still in, technically.

The elders were upset that I was still planning to hire a young brother, even though he had just been disfellowshiped. They said that anyone who hired a df'd person had NO spiritual appreciation whatsoever. I told them they were entitled to their opinion, but I was still hiring him.

I also kept a different one on who was df'd; a relative, no less. They pressured me to fire him; I asked them if they wanted me to break the law by practicing religious discrimination?? They did not answer.

And finally: a hard ass marine type came to my house and berated me for not doing as much as he thought I should; he said they should have df'd me when they had the chance. I told him his idea of shepherding was to kick the sheep around till they submitted.

In the end, I was never df'd.

I have a real hard time with authority, much less the tin sheriffs at the kingdom hall.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yeah, I had an elder off real good one times. See, we was in the lyeberry and....oh, you mean tell an elder off. My bad.

B.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I did. It was an elder in my first cong. He had played a very cruel game with me. When i finally caught on, i confronted him. Let me tell you i let him have it. Then i left the congregation and let him know he was the reason i was doing so. If i had my time over again i would have taken him before the elders at bethal. He thought he would repair his reputation by getting married. barrf barrfVomit 4

• minimus
    minimus

Sadly, most JW's are very intimidated by the elders. And the reason is because they think if they disrespect the elders, they are disrespecting Jehovah God....MIND CONTROL at its best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit