Water on Mars (Possibly life)

by pleaseresearch 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

This has been an interesting story in the news recently.

Just thinking, if in a few years time they drill down and discover water on Mars and also some form of life. Does that for you destroy the bible in anyway?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PLEASERESEARCH:

No, it would not. I do not have a problem with the possibility of life outside our planet.

Just because we are here doesn’t mean somebody else isn’t out there.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm not sure why that would destroy the Bible in any way. There are a ton of other reasons that actually pertain to it to destroy it from my point of view. Space life would seem to neither prove nor disprove it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whatever is presented a believer will still believe. Remember the mental gymnastics a jobo does when confronted with evidence that proves the GB are paedo loving scum.

• sir82
    sir82

Organized religion survived the move from a geocentric to a heliocentric model of the universe, and then the realization that even our solar system is just a speck on a speck on a speck in an insignificant region of an incomprehensibly large universe.

Life outside of earth? It would adapt again and still survive.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Just thinking, if in a few years time they drill down and discover water on Mars and also some form of life. Does that for you destroy the bible in anyway?

It should do, but I've no doubt jw's will come up with some hair-brained theory why life elsewhere doesn't rule out their nutty beliefs.

"Microscopic Life has been found on mars! Does this mean that Jehovah's grand plan to give rulership of mankind to 8 blokes in New York is invalid, since Adams sin did not involve life elsewhere?"

"Not necessarily. Evidently Jehovah purposed all life in the 'Local Group' to come under mankind's dominion."

• venus
    venus

Just because water is found in Mars, it doesn’t mean it becomes favorable for variety of life forms as found on earth. Even when earth is favorable for variety of life forms, still “more than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to be extinct. Estimates on the number of Earth's current species range from 10 million to 14 million, of which about 1.2 million have been documented and over 86 percent have not yet been described.” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction)

Even if life may have been seeded there on Mars by some aliens (as documented in the film Expelled, Richard Dawkins, or as implied by panspermia proposed by Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel) who will create provisions for sustaining those lives?

What Isaiah wrote still holds weight: "God Himself that formed the earth and made it .... He formed it to be inhabited" (Isaiah 45:18)"

• waton
    waton

water everywhere, under the moon of Jupiter, Europa too, organic (Carbon) compounds on asteroids, meteorites.

Lucky for those pre - life conditions, they are not under Satan's control, who is confined to the Earth. I wonder how the Moon -walking astronauts felt with that freedom too? and why is Satan's control linked to the control by the Warwick 8?

"I tell you brother, You cant have one, cant have none, you cant have one without the other?"

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

In 1954, Watchtower challenged the then space missions saying that man cannot go beyond the atmosphere of the earth. That was proven false within a few years

Nowadays Watchtower is very cautious not to refute any scientific claims or theories.

They even Admit Neanderthals Existed.

So possibly now they would twist things like “We do not know Jehovah’s Plan in entirety. Possibly he may have created mankind somewhere in this vast Universe too” ….. Like that.

To answer the title of this topic. I am a born again atheist now and hence life elsewhere wouldn’t surprise me.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Well no....but if we think about how many theists think that the fact that planet earth is the only place with life is proof that God did it, then this throws a bit of a curve ball.

Why would God create bacteria in an inhospitable and barren planet? That does not seems reasonable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit