Money! How much did you "Contribute" To The WTB@TS When You Were A Member

by The Bethelite 44 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i honestly cant remember. if i gave anything--it was small change in pocket into the box at the back of the hall.

however--my late father--it transpired--gave £5000 towards the cost of buying their k hall. part of my inheritance wasted.

but--i also found out he was giving £100 a month. but after his moving into a care home--i was granted power of attorney--and joint ownership of his bank accounts. that £100 a month stopped there and then.

he was by now "on the books" in a different congregation..but an elder / friend from his old cong did visit him.. i wonder if that loss of the £100 each month was mentioned.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Maybe..maybe.. about 140 bucks in my seven years as a witness. That’s about 20 a year . I don’t think it was even that much!

The day I was getting baptized I remember thinking “ what the f... am I getting myself into? Do I honestly believe all this crap!

But stayed on for seven years . Never once did I mark a WT or “study” . I read the articles once ...maybe if they were of some interest- answered ‘ off the cuff’, and attended the meetings maybe once a week. Never did believe in allowing others to do my charity works!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd hazard a guess that by the time I stopped contributing, my family would have been in the red. I would have cost them more in travel expenses than I ever contributed.

• backformore
    backformore

From the time I was born until I was almost 21? Not a damn cent.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm stunned - had no idea JWs gave so little money although I realize many contributed their time (lives) to the dead-end horror cult. Amazing they were able to cover the utilities but there were probably a few in each congregation that were the bread/butter members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit