elder bags.

by blownaway 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SadElder
    SadElder

I still have mine, it's in a closet somewhere full of Jdub ghosts and secrets.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I remember my elder dad always had one like that. Ugh! So pretentious.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I always called it a "case". I guess I was the head "case" in reality.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You still see the odd eldub or two toting one of those suitcases to meetings and conventions. Just to make an 'image' probably.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The bigger the bag the bigger the delusion of carrying any actual authority.

In reality all elders are disposable to the borg no matter how big the bag.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Commercial airline pilots carry the same suitcases/briefcases for flight maps and technical aircraft manuals in case of an inflight emergency. I never understood why eldurs needed such large cases for "theocratic" litter-a-ture.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The bigger the bag the bigger the delusion of carrying any actual authority.

In reality all elders are disposable to the borg no matter how big the bag. ''

Could also be a 'status' symbol actually as an exclamation mark that he is an elder. Just an image. ''Symbolically'' LOL.

• hoser
    hoser

I had a big one like that. I wasn’t an elder though. Pissed off the circuit overseer once because my bag was bigger than his.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife
    We gave our rolling totes to a music teacher and an art teacher at the high school, they really needed them.
  • Open mind
    Open mind

I was forced into being the Congregation Secretary for about two years. The previous secretary gave me his Humongo Bag which I would dutifully drag to the Hall when I knew we were going to have an Elders mtng after.

Hated it.

Here's a similar thread from the jurassic period when this place was called JWD.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/185320/elder-bag-going-way-dodo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit