Russia Confiscates $30.4 Million Property From Jehovah's Witnesses

by Room 215 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Room 215
    Room 215

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/russia-confiscates-30-4-million-property-jehovahs-witnesses

It would appear that with this most recent confiscation the total taken from the JWs by Moscow amounts to more that $75 million. (ouch!): "According to the JW representative, the total value of JW properties that either have been confiscated or subject to confiscation is approximately $75,361,314."

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Good. Now lets push to have the USA take Wallkill

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good news!!!

• Corney
    Corney
    This is theft, unlawful seizure inextricably linked to multiple raids, arrests, tortures etc. I don't understand how anybody having principles other than "I hate Watchtower" can glorify it.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"According to the JW representative, the total value of JW properties that either have been confiscated or subject to confiscation is approximately $75,361,314."

Right. Total value. That means that is what its potential value is...market value. Now.

I wonder how much was invested in those properties. How much real money went into them. Consider that the value (potential) has large amounts of volunteer labor imbedded into it.

* Didn't Michael Jackson donate a huge chunk to purchase land for the admin center?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    This is theft, unlawful seizure inextricably linked to multiple raids, arrests, tortures etc. I don't understand how anybody having principles other than "I hate Watchtower" can glorify it.

I feel the same way but one has to remember that much of what is happening to them because they refuse to comply by the law of the land. It's my understanding that the JW's weren't the only religion singled out but other groups like the LDS/Mormons complied with the government and continue to operate much as the always did while JW's are having their properties confiscated and enjoying playing the martyr card.

In the past, the Governing Body caused unnecessary hardship beatings and even the death of their followers by taking what they called "A Stand" for Jehovah over the purchasing political cards and refusing alternative options to national draft requirements while they themselves lived safely in the lap of luxury back in New York. They told a one sided skewed version of the story to their followers to make themselves look like courageous martyrs.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    Yeah, I'm with Corney on this one, just because Jehovah's Witnesses piss off the government doesn't mean they get to steal their stuff.
  • OrphanCrow
  • mikeflood
    mikeflood

Religion shouldn't be a pawn in geopolitical games....the Russian are confiscating JW property because of the US sanctions...but they're mistaken, the Borg is pretty inoffensive.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

At Revelation 12:9-12, the angels were told to be glad at Satan's comeuppance, therefore, shouldn't everyone who has been deliberately hurt, abused or damaged by the WTBTS be pleased to witness such a corrupt entity having to suffer in the worst way possible - financially?

The cult deserves to be pillaged & plundered. Poetic justice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit